Founded by Geniuses, Run by Idiots?
How True for the USA?
Received in the Email, a letter titled “A country founded by geniuses, run by idiots.”
But how true is the email? First, the amusing content.
- If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally … you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
- If you have to get your parents’ permission to go on a field trip or take an aspirin in school, but not to get an abortion … you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
- If the only school curriculum allowed to explain how we got here is evolution, but the government stops a $15 million construction project to keep a rare spider from evolving to extinction … you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
- If you have to show identification to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor, or check out a library book, but not to vote who runs the government … you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
- If the government wants to ban stable, law-abiding citizens from owning gun magazines with more than ten rounds, but gives 20 F-16 fighter jets to the crazy new leaders in Egypt … you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
- If, in the largest city, you can buy two 16-ounce sodas, but not a 24-ounce soda because 24-ounces of a sugary drink might make you fat … you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
- If an 80-year-old woman can be stripped searched by the TSA but a woman in a hijab is only subject to having her neck and head searched … you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
- If your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more … you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
- If a seven year old boy can be thrown out of school for saying his teacher “cute,” but hosting a sexual exploration or diversity class in grade school is perfectly acceptable … you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
- If children are forcibly removed from parents who discipline them with spankings while children of addicts are left in filth and drug infested “homes”… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
- If hard work and success are met with higher taxes and more government intrusion, while not working is rewarded with EBT cards, WIC checks, Medicaid, subsidized housing, and free cell phones … you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
- If the government’s plan for getting people back to work is to incentivize NOT working with 99 weeks of Unemployment checks and no requirement to prove they applied but can’t find work … you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
- If you pay your mortgage faithfully, denying yourself the newest big screen TV while your neighbor buys iPhones, TV’s and new cars, and the government forgives his debt when he defaults on his mortgage … you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
- If being stripped of the ability to defend yourself makes you more “safe” according to the government … you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
Amusing, but true?
The email claimed that the above came from comedian, Jeff Foxworthy. That is not true, according to Foxworthy’s brother.
One further question might be asked: If the USA was “founded by geniuses,” why is the USA in the current shape it’s in after only 237 years?
Here’s a list of long-lived empires:
11 Portuguese – 534 years
10 Ottoman (Turkish) Empire – 623 years
9 Khmer Empire – 630 years
8 Ethiopian Empire – 665 years
7 Kanem Empire – 687 (approximate)
6 Holy Roman Empire – 844 years
5 Silla – 992 years
4 Republic of Venice – 1100 years
3 The Papal States – Territories under the direct sovereign rule of the Popes for 1260 years.
2 Kingdom of Kush – 1420 years
1 Roman/Eastern Roman Empire – 1480 years (This doesn’t include the 500 years that Rome was a Republic, or the various monarchies and assorted dictatorships.
Altogether, Rome persevered for about 2300 years–2800 if one includes the Vatican–still going strong!–which arose from the ruins of the Western Empire.
This may be the time to point out that the “genius” founders of the USA get plenty of credit when things went right–and none of the blame when things have gone wrong.
It was the genius founders who set up a system that gave nine unelected justices in Washington DC the right to decide what rights the citizens will be allowed, thus invalidating the constitution.
It was the genius founders who specifically set up separation of church and state–ensuring that the future USA would in no way become a Christian nation.
It was the genius founders who set up a system that is falling apart due to human greed. It’s assumed that all of the geniuses that founded the country were aware that humans are greedy?
Actually, one suspects the geniuses who designed the system got exactly what they planned. The system works exactly as it was meant to work; i.e., not very well after 200 or so years.
Still, parts of the email were amusing.
- Country Founded by Geniuses but Run by Idiots – Attributed to Jeff Foxworthy (mypoliticalmusings.wordpress.com)
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- I just Wann Know – Is this country being Run By Idiots? (velaman.wordpress.com)
- 37 Quotes on the New World Order, the coming one-world government and one-world religion
- A Country Run by Idiots (thescoundrel.wordpress.com)
- UAE Royal at Mayo Clinic: Large Jet Liner Parked at MSP (endtimesprophecyreport.wordpress.com)
- Eternal Salvation Through Jesus Christ: Salvation Messages from End Times Prophecy Report
by Jeremiah J. Jameson
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-13. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
17 thoughts on “A Country Founded by Geniuses, Run by Idiots: How True?”
Reblogged this on Americans for Political Change.
Question: If the USA was “founded by geniuses,” why is the USA in the current shape it’s in after only 237 years?
Answer: Because with few exceptions, it IS ran by idiots! From the Executive office and downward.
Okay. So the government is run by idiots.
But if the system was founded by “geniuses,” shouldn’t it be ‘idiot-proof?”
After all, it doesn’t take a genius to found a system that can be operated effectively only by other geniuses.
The truth is: from the moment the system was founded, it was headed to it’s logical end–which we are seeing today before our very eyes.
Patrick Henry and others fought very hard against the U.S. Constitution because of its lack of safeguards for the freedoms of the people. It doesn’t sound like a bunch of geniuses designed a system whose defects were known and written about at the very time of its birth.
From Patrick Henry: Why Didn’t Anyone Listen to our Most Passionate Proponent of Liberty?
“He was concerned about the consolidation of federal authority and especially the power concentrated in the office of the President. A particular concern was the President’s authority and command over the armed forces. Henry predicted that a president could use the military “to run roughshod over the republic.” (Lincoln and the Civil War!!) He was highly skeptical of the broad taxing power delegated to the Congress. He believed the Constitution allowed the government to control the governed, with little ability and no obligation to control itself. And he argued that the Constitution effectively ignored the essential role of the States.”
Was Henry correct? Or were the group of “geniuses” who founded the system proved right?
“Nothing could check a national government entrusted with vast military might and the unlimited authority to tax…… Our human rights and privileges are rendered insecure, if not lost, by this Constitution.”
The American system set up by the founders lasted less than 73 years before civil war broke out because of their system.
Genius! Sheer genius, I tell you!
Most Americans swallow the Kool-Aid they’re fed that the U.S. constitution is the most brilliant invention of man ever. The “genius” founders get credit for all sorts of things. When did any of them take the blame for our system’s defects?
If a system only works when it has virtuous, godly men running it, ANY system will perform well–including a dictatorship or monarchy.
Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
Your point/logic is forcing the title to changed to –>
A Country Founded by Idiots, Run by hopeless Idiots!!! 😮
Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment.
Actually, the country wasn’t founded by idiots. The system is working EXACTLY like the founders planned for it to eventually work. They were not geniuses or idiots so much as charlatans; promising one thing and delivering another.
The US system is like any other governing system: if virtuous people inhabit the land and virtuous leaders inhabit the capital, then a virtuous system results. But it’s only taken 230+ years for the system to corrupt and dumb down the people. This arguably was planned from the beginning. Americans have put their faith and trust in men and the schemes of men. The Christian worldview clearly states: Mankind is corrupt.
People get the leaders they deserve. Thus it is with the USA. Citizens can holler all they want about “tyrants” and whatnot, but our leaders are a reflection of the society from which they come. Always have been; always will be.
Thanks again for your comment.
All sadly distressingly true.