10 STRESS-RELIEVING TIPS
Your car broke down, you spilled coffee all over your favorite shirt, and now you’re late for work. So many little annoyances that build up over time can make a bad day for anyone. Stress, everyone experiences it throughout their lifetime.
The CDC defines stress as a condition that is often characterized by symptoms of physical or emotional tension. It is a reaction to a situation where a person feels threatened or anxious. Some common reaction to stress can include: shock, tension, irritability, losing interest in usual activities, loss or gain of appetite, sleep difficulties, anger, health problems, and sadness.
Everyone experiences stress from time to time, it’s inevitable. So here are some stress relievers that may help out.
1. Exercise. Virtually any form of exercise, from aerobics to running, can act as a stress reliever. If you’re not an athlete, or even if you’re downright out of shape, exercise not only increases your overall health but reduces stress. Physical activities help bump up the production of your brains feel good neurotransmitters, called endorphins. Once you focus on the physical activity and the movement of your body, you forget the troubles and stresses of the day. Plus, the outcome of a dream body can be a benefit and also a motivator!
2. Sleep, sleep, sleep. Sleep deprivation is like an epidemic. Sometimes we will find ourselves staying up late to catch up on some work, relax, or go out with some buddies. That one night will throw your sleep schedule into a downward spiral and then late nights become increasingly easier to fit into your schedule. Maybe skip a late night out and catch up on some much needed sleep. Stress can be relieved by forcing oneself to maintain a regular sleep schedule.
3. Listening to music. Music has an effect on a variety of areas in the brain and can really help you relax. If you’re overwhelmed by the stress of work or relationship problems, lie down and put on some music. I bet you’ll feel better.
4. Eat right. Ramen Noodles are yummy and inexpensive, but they’re pretty terrible for your body. Taking time to cook something healthy for yourself will do wonders for your body. Don’t be afraid to have a little comfort food every now and then. Don’t skip meals either. There’s nothing worse than being tired and hungry. Make time for breakfast in the morning, even if it’s just a banana. Eating right will reduce stress in the long run.
5. Management. Don’t overload yourself with so much you don’t have time for yourself. Being able to manage your time will definitely help keep stress away. Make time for relaxation, sleeping, and eating.
6. Humor. Laughing is nature’s way of easing tension and helps us relax. Laughter works to relieve stress physically. When we laugh, stress hormones in our blood, like cortisol, are actually reduced. Also, laughter is like a mini-workout which makes you feel healthier and releases endorphins to make you feel happier. Even if you can’t find something to laugh at, fake it. Laugh it up.
7. Stay connected. When stress arises your first instinct may be to wrap yourself in a cocoon. Staying connected with friends and family will ease some stress. Call one of your closest friends and talk to them about your day. Social contact will distract you from those annoyances that come with everyday life.
8. Journal. Writing down your thoughts and ideas can be a way to release those otherwise pent up emotions. Don’t even think about what to write, just write whatever comes to mind. It’s not a paper to be turned into the professor, so don’t worry about grammar or spelling.
9. Go for a drive. Once you hit that open road, put on some music and take in the scenery. When you drive you have a feeling of control and stability. Plus, it’s nice to get away for a while.
10. Get involved. There are plenty of organizations or clubs that you can make a part of your life. Do something you love to do. That alone will aid in stress relief. Find something that you can brand as “your thing”.
Life is not an easy task. Each day comes with a new challenge.
You can overcome the daily stressors by picking out a few of these stress relievers and applying them to your daily routine. Overcome stress and enjoy life to the fullest extent.
- Laughter is Nature’s Antidepressant (thewriterinmeblog.wordpress.com)
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- Replace Stress with Fun – Andrew Chenery (financialpeaceuk.com)
- Daily Health Tips: Fun ways of relieving stress! (chatwithdrketch.com)
- Stress relievers: Tips to tame stress (henricofithappens.wordpress.com)
- Eternal Salvation Through Jesus Christ: Salvation Messages from End Times Prophecy Report
- Manage Your Stress Of Selling A Home (unclesamjia.wordpress.com)
- This Stress Is Killing Me! (mindykannon.wordpress.com)
by Liz Kaye
image credit: Top – Stuart Miles, FreeDigitalPhotos.net/ETPR
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-13. © Mondo Frazier, DBKP and End Times Prophecy Report, 2007-13. © Liz Kaye, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.