“And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.”
END TIMES SURVIVAL
As the time wind down on this present world, it’s helpful to practice what Jesus commanded believers to do in Mark 13:37.
For what are we watching? Our redemption at some point will draw nigh. But before all of the “main events” begin to commence, there are a few other things to watch for.
One of the items on this writer’s list is to watch the watchmen.
Most of the so-called “discernment ministries” appear to be corrupted. The closer we get to the main events, the more they are revealing themselves with writings no Christian could have written.
These include (but are not limited to):
- attacks on preaching to the gospel;
- that preaching the gospel is somehow disobedience to the Great Commission;
- assurances that a person can take the mark of the beast and still be saved;
- hints that Muslims should be annihilated;
- calls for peace, unity and brotherhood at the price of truth;
- Cunningly devised fables;
and other doctrines which expose their true agendas.
Another item to true believers should watch for: the lie that you have all of the time in the world.
Why get into hassles over salvation? You can do it tomorrow!
“behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.”
This is not only a commandment, it is a warning.
This advice by Jesus was also echoed by both Peter and Paul.
“Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.”
“But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer. “
This also compliments the warnings Jesus gave His disciples in Matthew 24. Matthew 24:4 sums up those warnings.
“And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.“
Take heed that no man deceive you.
All are excellent advice for the times in which we now live.
[Parts of this article originally appeared in OF INTEREST: Independent Thoughts from the Internet August 13, 2014.]
- Watch and be sober
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- Sins of Sodom and the Sins of America
- The Perils of False Brethren: Beware!
- False Teachers need False Students
- Discernment: Some Observations on Biblical Discernment
- Seducing Spirits in the Church: The Supernatural Fan Club
- Discerning Discernment Ministries: Every Day is a Joel Osteen Day
by Jeremiah J. Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-13. © Mondo Frazier, DBKP and End Times Prophecy Report, 2007-13. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Link Disclaimer: inclusion of links to other blogs/websites is not necessarily an endorsement of all content posted in those blogs/websites.
24 thoughts on “Watch: An End Times Commandment”