Deception Surrounds the True Believer
One of the unique challenges to living in the end times is dealing with the multiple layers of deception which surround the true believer. Most Christians know that when asked about the end times, Jesus first warned of the deception that would be taking place.
“And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.”
“And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.“
“For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.“
Three warnings about deception within the space of 20 verses in Matthew 24.
The Church is the Center of Deception
The deception is everywhere and the deception coming from the Church is perhaps the worst. The epicenter of this deception is the American church and those who pretend to be of the church (christian TV, christian networks, christian mass media).
Among the worst deceptions are the many pseudo-gospels being substituted for the genuine biblical gospel. Many times, these other gospels substitute touchy-feely alternatives to the simplicity of the real gospel.
“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:”
-–1 Corinthians 15:1-4
IF what your church is preaching mentions nothing of sin and Jesus saving men from their sin, then your church is not preaching the gospel.
IF what your church is preaching mentions nothing of Jesus dying for our sins and rising from the dead, then your church is not preaching the gospel.
NOTE: The many layers of deception concerning the world we live in, Christianity and the end times are ubiquitous. One sure sign of the end times: the darkest and most evil deceptions are emanating from the apostate Church which is practically everywhere in America.
The one-world religion which springs up during the last days does not spontaneously appear. The apostate end times satanic Church arises from what formerly was the Christian Church. It has taken 2000 years, but the enemy has almost totally usurped the Church founded by Jesus Christ. Only a very small remnant remains.
That remnant is VERY small.
“Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them, Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.”
Those of the remnant will be those who will be persecuted.
The great majority of those now sitting in churches in America will remain lost and will be the ones hunting down the remnant. Of course, they will be assured that they are performing “God’s work.”
“yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.”
Of the many stands of deception, the ones which deceive those sitting in American churches are the most pernicious.
These include (but are not limited to):
- Other gospels
- Other Christs
- Deceptive teachings concerning the end times, including adding to or taking away from the Book of Revelation.
- False apostles and prophets
- False teachers
- Wolves in sheep’s clothing and hirelings in the pulpits
- So-called “discernment ministries” which have co-opted bible-based discernment
- Other deceptions which hinder Christians from preparing for what the Bible says is coming upon the earth.
What is a Christian to do?
It is vital for Christians to
- Make their calling and election sure.
- Separate from the world. Once separated, to maintain that separateness.
- Be obedient.
- Read and study their Bible every day.
- Pray regularly every day. Pray specifically for wisdom and to not be deceived.
- Share the gospel with others.
- Watch and take heed.
The last bit of biblical advice from Jesus is specifically addressed to all who believe that they will be sucked into heaven before the end time bad times.
Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.
- American Apostasy: Disobedience in the House of God
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- Faith No Longer Needed in American Church: The Sight-Walkers
- Outsourcing Discernment: The Hegelian Dialectic and Discernment Inc
- Watch: An End Times Commandment
- Persecuted Christians in the Middle East: Why is Jesus Beating His Bride?
- Discerning Discernment Ministries: Every Day is a Joel Osteen Day
- Signs of Apostasy: Lack of Christian Witness
- Biblical Israel vs Secular Israel: Are they the Same?
- Seducing Spirits in the Church: The Supernatural Fan Club
- Separating from the World: END TIMES SURVIVAL
- Make Your Calling and Election Sure: End Times Survival
[Parts of this originally appeared in End Times Prophecy Headlines: August 30-31, 2014.]
by Jeremiah J. Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-13. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Link Disclaimer: inclusion of links to other blogs/websites is not necessarily an endorsement of all content posted in those blogs/websites.