Comparing the Bible to what Men Claim
The Book of Revelation is clear about a certain length of end times time period. It speaks of this time period four times. That length of time is three and one-half years. So how has the Modern American Prophecy Industry turned the very clear 3 1/2 years into 7 years (what they claim is the Tribulation, Great Tribulation, etc.)?
It begins by a fairly modern mis-reading of Daniel 9:24-28 and the fashioning of “Daniel’s 70th Week for the Jews”–a teaching and term with which the Christian Church was totally unfamiliar UNTIL our own apostate time. This “unfinished 7-years [week] of Daniel” is added onto the end times and–voila! We have a”7-year Tribulation!”
One suspects the manufactured arguments of the “When is the rapture?” exist largely to set this 7-year fraud into the consciousness of pew-sitters. It doesn’t matter what unbiblical arguments are presented to this make-believe “question” [The plain answer is in Matthew 24 and Revelation 14.], ALL of the rapture timing arguments present a seven-year tribulation.
Satan has worked for a few hundred years to carefully construct his version of the end times. This is so apostates and unsaved church-goers can follow along at home with a fictitious version of end times events.
Why study God’s Word when so many others have conveniently provided a handy chart of the end times?
“And it has pictures and is in four colors too!”
Because they are deceived, they will not question the devil’s end times time table he has considerately constructed for their benefit.
To make sure that the public has the deception hook set deep in their mouths, Hal Lindsay’s 1970’s best-seller The Late Great Planet Earth [28+ million copies and a movie], and the 1990’s Left Behind series [65+ million copies and four movies] dished up a seven-year tribulation (among their many, many other deceptions.)
- 1260 days (3 1/2 years) -+ The two witnesses shall prophesy.And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
- 1260 days (3 1/2 years) – Woman is sustained in the wilderness.“And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne. And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.”
- Time, times and half a time (3 1/2 years) – Woman is nourished in the wilderness.“And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.”
- Forty and two months (3 1/2 years) – Power is given to the beast to continue.“And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months”
- In addition, there are three verses in Daniel which refer to time, times and a dividing of time (3 1/2 years). Various writers, including Lindsay and the Left Behind crew, have added the verses from Daniel into their tales of “Daniel’s 70th week.”
Why would men change the clear meaning of Revelation’s three-and-one-half years into seven years?
One suspects it has to do with the following.
“Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. “
IF one doesn’t know where he is, one can’t know where he’s going.
- End Times Deception: The Modern American Prophecy Industry
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- Third Jewish Temple: The Temple of God? part 1
- Third Jewish Temple: The Temple of God part 2
- Persecuted Christians in the Middle East: Why is Jesus Beating His Bride?
- STRONG DELUSION: Strong Delusion is Coming
- ONE BODY: Gnostic Teachings in American Churches Divide the Body of Christ
- Satan Has Counterfeited the Christian Church
by Jeremiah J. Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
image: ETPR/manostphoto, FreeDigitalPhotos.net/ETPR
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-13. © Mondo Frazier, DBKP and End Times Prophecy Report, 2007-13. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Link Disclaimer: inclusion of links to other blogs/websites is not necessarily an endorsement of all content posted in those blogs/websites.