“there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies,”
—2 Peter 2:1
Modern-day “revivals” feature lots of singing, lots of emotion and very little–if any–salvation (as demonstrated by fruits of repentance).
“Revivals” in the apostate churches focus on emotions.
In the American colonies the First Great Awakening was a wave of religious enthusiasm among Protestants that swept the American colonies in the 1730s and 1740s, leaving a permanent impact on American religion. It resulted from powerful preaching that deeply affected listeners (already church members) with a deep sense of personal guilt and salvation by Christ. Pulling away from ritual and ceremony, the Great Awakening made religion intensely personal to the average person by creating a deep sense of spiritual guilt and redemption.
The promoters of these apostate side shows are big on claims, small on results.
The motto of the modern revival
is the opposite of 2 Corinthians 5:7
“(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)”
Sight-walkers expect to have their flesh pleased and their ears tickled. And the modern “revival” does all of that and more.
MODERN REVIVALS: THE DEVIL’S DISTRACTIONS
These made-for-apostates events which the churches call “revivals” are no such things. They exist for several reasons:
- They create a payday for those involved.
- They provide a false salvation “experience.”
- They provide a platform for the many deceiving spirits who masquerade as the Holy Spirit.
- They substitute man-created rituals (altar calls, pledge cards, sinner’s prayers) for the gospel. They may TALK a lot about preaching the gospel. But when it’s all said and done, it’s the man-created rituals which are promoted.
- They contribute to the lost experiencing another gospel, another Jesus.
- They perpetuate much pagan ungodliness, calling it Christianity.
- They further many deceptions necessary for the dragon to pull off his end times evil.
IF anyone does get saved at a modern church revival (and God can and does use evil men sometimes to accomplish his purposes), it’s in spite of the ungodly antics, not because of them.
Lest the reader think this assessment is too harsh, this writer is still waiting for a church revival where the gospel is preached and altar calls, sinner’s prayers, pledge cards and other non-Biblical props are not a part of the show.
When the true cost of the false “revivals” becomes known–and one day, it will be–the perpetrators of these carnival shows for Satan will be called to account before Almighty God.
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”
“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:”
–1 Corinthians 15:1-4
[Parts of this article appeared originally in End Times Prophecy Headlines: March 30, 2015.]
- American Apostasy: The End Times Apostate American Church
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- MAN OF SIN: Arising from the Midst of the Apostate Church
- ONE BODY: Gnostic Teachings in American Churches Divide the Body of Christ
- Apostasy: New Age Laodicea in Joel Osteen’s America
- Persecution of the Saints: The Fear and the Pit and the Snare
- MODERN AMERICAN TESTIMONY: No Jesus, No Christ
- SELLING SIN BY ANOTHER NAME: The American Dream
- Faith No Longer Needed in American Church: The Sight-Walkers
- The Many Layers of End Times Deception: Deception in the Church
by Jeremiah Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-15. © Mondo Frazier and End Times Prophecy Report, DBKP 2007-2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Link Disclaimer: inclusion of links to other blogs/websites is not necessarily an endorsement of all content posted in those blogs/websites.