A FEW OBSERVATIONS ABOUT WITCHCRAFT, AMERICA AND THE END TIMES
Over the last six months, this writer has been involved in various discussions which have touched on the topic of witchcraft in America during the end times. These conversations have been held in person, via email and over the phone. The following observations are taken from those random chats.
1. SALEM WITCHES – The most famous witchcraft trials in America took place in Salem, Massachusetts. Those trials took place about 70 years after the Mayflower landed at Plymouth Rock and almost 90 years before the United States was even born.
20 people were executed. Others were condemned but somehow escaped the “hysteria” of the moment. Since the trials, the media/history/literature/entertainment complex has conducted an almost nonstop 300-year-long PR campaign in favor of witchcraft.
While the witches have been painted as poor victims, the judges, prosecutors, neighbors and anyone else involved in the trial have been portrayed as “bigoted,” “small-minded,” and “hysterical.” Of course, they were said to be “religious” or “Christian” zealots. In books, histories, plays, popular entertainment and other forms of media, those who prosecuted the witches have been slandered.
Today, being a descendent of one of the Salem witches is a high honor among the Hollywood, rock music, pop culture or Washington elite.
2. SALEM WITCHES 2015 – The descendents of witches walk the halls of Washington, Hollywood, New York and wherever power, money and influence gather in the USA.
Some descendents of the Salem witches:
- Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, second in line to the British throne
- US vice-president Dick Cheney
- Actress Sarah Jessica Parker
- Actress Lucille Ball
- U.S. Presidents G.H.W. Bush and George W. Bush
- Fashion designer Alexander McQueen, CBE
- Actor Tom Felton
- Author Ray Bradbury
- American Red Cross Founder Clara Barton
George W. Bush was related to as many as “217 of the almost 1,500 trials participants including jurors, marshals and constables who accused others, or were accused, of witchcraft.”
While the descendents of Salem witchcraft are likely to be coy about the subject in public, the number of organizations honoring Salem witchcraft descendents are evidence of intense interest among certain groups of Americans.
3. ORIGINS – The United States’ love affair with witchcraft goes right to the beginning of the country and how the USA obtained its independence.
“For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry.”
—1 Samuel 15:23
4. RELIGIOUS FREEDOM – The USA became a haven for every unbiblical, unChristian group after its constitution became the law of the land. The United States was the first country to offer “religious freedom” and “separation of church and state.” While both were sold as one thing (the USA was offering protections for anyone who wanted to worship God Almighty), the end results were something completely different (the protections of the state were for anyone BUT Christians.) This was not a chance happening.
No longer could satanists, wizards, witches, sorcerers, or voodoo priests and witch doctors be persecuted under the law. Instead, these anti-God groups could enjoy the full protection of the law.
In America, every group which claimed to be spiritual was afforded the complete protection of the law and the lethal force that law represented.
Though public disapproval kept witches and wizards underground for some time, the result of America’s constitutional safeguards for witchcraft is seen today. It will only get worse.
“And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk: Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.”
5. SORCERIES AND WITCHCRAFT – Much has been made by various members of the Modern American Prophecy Industry of the word for “sorceries” used in Revelation 19:20 [φαρμακεία (pharmakeia)]. The Greek word can mean sorcery, drug, poison or medicine. It is the word from which we get “pharmaceuticals.”
Because of this dual meaning, the apostates have long attempted to define “sorcery” in Revelation 19:20 as some type of drug-induced spell-casting. That’s like defining “Apple” as”a computer made out of fruit.” The same word is translated as “witchcraft” in Galations 5:20 (KJV). Basically, witchcraft and sorcery are the same thing.
The end times will be full of those who will not repent of witchcraft. (Some of these people may or may not take drugs but that won’t have anything to do with the matter. Some of them may also have taken medicine [another meaning of pharmakeia], but that won’t have anything to do with it either.)
6. WITCHCRAFT AND DEMONS – The endgame of witchcraft is illegitimate supernatural power. Many witches will deny that this power comes from demons or Satan, insisting that they derive their power from “the earth.” (Which is what many “water witches” also claim.)
But all supernatural power comes from either God or His enemies. God declares all who consult His enemies for any power, knowledge or advantage to be an “abomination;” i.e., a particularly grievous sin.
“When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations. There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.”
It doesn’t matter whether the person contacting demons is a member of the mystery of iniquity, a secret society, a witch, a wizard or whatever: all who do such things fall under God’s judgment.
7. BAD DEAL – Witches obtain favor, money, and/or power/control from their familiar spirits (demons). All who traffic in such deals are dealing with an entity which 1- can’t be trusted; and 2- hates humans. It’s not surprising that witches suffer much despite their “powers.”
They have basically traded their eternal destiny for a few trinkets, flattery, and some supernatural parlor tricks. Despite what they have been told: it’s never too late to repent.
“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:”
–1 Corinthians 15:1-4
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
There is NO power higher than the power of God Almighty.
[There are other topics in the notes on this subject. They will be expounded in a later article on the same subject.]
- Four Blood Moons: American Church Comfortable with Witchcraft
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- Christianity and the Occult: The Occult goes to Church
- PRAYER CIRCLES: Another Pagan Practice in the Church
- Satan Has Counterfeited the Christian Church
- The Circle Maker: End Times Deception in a Magic Circle
by Jeremiah Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
1- ETPR/sattva, FreeDigitalPhotos.net/ETPR
2- taoty, FreeDigitalPhotos.net
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-15. © Mondo Frazier and End Times Prophecy Report, DBKP 2007-2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Link Disclaimer: inclusion of links to other blogs/websites is not necessarily an endorsement of all content posted in those blogs/websites.