A FEW MORE OBSERVATIONS ABOUT WITCHCRAFT, AMERICA AND THE END TIMES
To Recap: Over the last six months, this writer has been involved in various discussions which have touched on the topic of witchcraft in America during the end times. These conversations have been held in person, via email and over the phone. The following observations are taken from those random chats.
1. DEBUNKED? – The Corporate Media and science have taken the position that there is no supernatural power (never mind that the same Corporate Media does a brisk business trafficking in “Mysterious” and “Unexplained” pieces). A Google search for the term “scientists puzzled” reveals over 600,000 entries returned.
As is so often the case, the media says one thing, while it’s actions declare something else altogether. And science has expanded into the supernatural with its emphasis on “quantum physics, quantum physics.” Many scientists pretend that “the very small” or “nano-level” equals “that which is not seen.”
But both proceed as if supernatural power has been somehow “debunked.”
However: the Bible clearly states that witches, sorcerers, and wizards have power. And witches themselves clearly believe they have supernatural power. And the results of supernatural power have been documented for centuries across all cultures (This includes witchcraft).
So: what really has been “debunked?”
2. RE-BRANDED – In 2015 America, much witchcraft has undergone a “re-branding.” Some traditional practices and rituals from witchcraft have ended up in the churches (prayer circles, blood moons, divine healing, etc.) and are now labeled “Christian.”
Some practices have been re-labeled as folk medicine or natural medicine. Much of natural medicine had its beginning in witchcraft or among “cunning folk” (also called white witches or diviners.) The main use of willow (the witching tree. In fact, an acquaintance whose mother was a witch, when hearing “willow” immediately said “The witching tree!“) has been updated from providing wands and cures to supplying the ubiquitous aspirin.
Almanacs (which had their start as Babylonian astrological tables) have been given a facelift. They are now respectable as “old country wisdom handed down from generations past.”
Glamour originally was a term applied to a magical-occult spell that was cast on somebody to make them see something the spell-caster wished them to see, when in fact it was not what it seemed to be.
Much witchcraft has been simply been sold “as is” to a suddenly more permissive culture.
This re-branding effort on the part of history/media/literature/media has been so successful that many aspects of witchcraft have become an engrained part of American’s everyday lives. The regular use of horoscopes, dowsing, almanacs, pentagrams, willow and other “home cures”, etc. make the suggestion that ordinary Americans engage in witchcraft appear laughable to them which use such things.
3. CONDEMNED – Witchcraft was roundly condemned in the Bible. A few instances follow.
“Manasseh was twelve years old when he began to reign, and he reigned fifty and five years in Jerusalem: But did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD, like unto the abominations of the heathen, whom the LORD had cast out before the children of Israel.
And he caused his children to pass through the fire in the valley of the son of Hinnom: also he observed times, and used enchantments, and used witchcraft, and dealt with a familiar spirit, and with wizards: he wrought much evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.”
—2 Chronicles 33:6
“Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.”
“There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.”
However, in 2015 America, such as these flourish, protected by the law of the land.
4. CHURCH-CENTERED WITCHCRAFT – In America, the churches have become centers of witchcraft and the occult, rivaling the traditional coven.
Many rituals and practices from witchcraft have become part of many churches: holding hands and praying in a circle; drawing chalk prayer circles in which to pray; sending church-goers to the cardinal points to pray protection over a church; and the current craze among the churches with blood (harvest or hunter’s) moons.
These practices (as well as others) have become so much a part of some churches that church-goers will protest that they are a part of traditional Christianity instead of recent additions to the church rituals.
It will continue to get worse.
“But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.”
—2 Timothy 3:13
5. PREDICTABLE – The popular portrayal of witches and witchcraft in the media and entertainment has been very predictable. Increasingly over the past 70 years or so, evil witches have become caricatures. “Good” witches have been portrayed by beautiful actresses. The lie of white and black magic has been promoted, with the heroes in many a film being a witch or wizard (Lord of the Rings, Wizard of Oz, Harry Potter).
The use of pentagrams has increased with the five-pointed star becoming almost ubiquitous in 2015 America.
6. SHOULD WITCHCRAFT EVEN BE DISCUSSED? – There is a school of thought which advocates not talking much about witchcraft as it is one of the signs of the end times: there is nothing to be done about it.
The increased presence of witchcraft (while on some levels is disturbing) does provide one of the unmistakable signs that Jesus’ Second Coming is near. There is no reason to worry or fret over the increase: it is something that has been foretold.
“Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.”
“And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.”
But Christians are commanded to “warn the unruly.”
“Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.”
—1 Thessalonians 5:14
Therefore, this writer believes it to be a worthy topic on which to remark. However, one probably shouldn’t dwell on it.
7. BAD DEAL – Witches obtain favor, money, and/or power/control from their familiar spirits (demons). Many publicly deny their power comes from demons, but denial doesn’t change the reality of the situation.
All who traffic in such deals are dealing with an entity which 1- can’t be trusted; and 2- hates humans. It’s not surprising that witches have suffered much despite their “powers.”
They have basically traded their eternal destiny for a few trinkets, flattery, and some supernatural parlor tricks. Despite what they have been told: it’s never to late to repent.
“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:”
–1 Corinthians 15:1-4
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
There is NO power higher than the power of God Almighty.
[There are other topics in the notes on this subject. They may be expounded in a later article on the same subject.]
- Four Blood Moons: American Church Comfortable with Witchcraft
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- Christianity and the Occult: The Occult goes to Church
- PRAYER CIRCLES: Another Pagan Practice in the Church
- Satan Has Counterfeited the Christian Church
- The Circle Maker: End Times Deception in a Magic Circle
by Jeremiah Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
1- ETPR/sattva, FreeDigitalPhotos.net/ETPR
2- taoty, FreeDigitalPhotos.net
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-15. © Mondo Frazier and End Times Prophecy Report, DBKP 2007-2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Link Disclaimer: inclusion of links to other blogs/websites is not necessarily an endorsement of all content posted in those blogs/websites.