“Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”
Many a church-goer knows the second part of James 4:7 (“Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”) by heart.
It’s the first part of the equation that the church-dwellers ignore. (“Submit yourselves therefore to God.”)
Living lives which put God, not first, nor second, nor even third in importance in their lives; the compromised tares complain they resist the devil but he doesn’t flee. IF ONLY they first submitted themselves to God, as advised by the apostle James, they would have better results.
HOWEVER, this rarely happens because the seat-warmers in the churches are too busy “living their lives.”
They pay lip service to God, honoring Him with their lips.
“This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.”
When the entirety of James 4:7 is pointed out, most get angry and offended.
“Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil.”
No man sins by restraining his anger; no man is certain that he will not who indulges it for a moment.
—Albert Barnes’ Note on the Bible
The offended/angry reaction confirms one reason why the tares will not submit themselves to God and therefore, cannot resist the devil when he comes calling: they lack the Holy Spirit as well as His explosive power.
BUT few dare point this out because the cycle of being offended/being angry begins anew.
Want to successfully fend off the attacks of Satan?
FIRST submit yourself to God.
THEN, resist the devil and he will flee.
“Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.”
“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. ”
–1 Corinthians 15:1-8
“But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:”
—2 Corinthians 4:3
- Satan is for Real
- Satan is the Prince, Not the God, of This World
- The Devil is on a Short Leash
- Satan Hidden in Plain Sight: The Antichrist, Apostate Churches of the Dragon
- TEAM EVIL: The Devil, The Flesh and The World
- Cartoon Satanism: Worshiping Satan in the End Times
- End Times Propaganda: Satan’s Lies and Deceptions
- Railing against the Devil: What does the Bible Say?
- Satan: What does the Bible say about Satan, the Devil?
- What Does Satan Use to Tempt Man?
- Your Life is Not a Vapor: Devil’s Greatest Trick
- UNITY!: The End Times World United for Satan
- Other Gospels: Tool of Satan, Tool of the Churches
- Satan’s Stories Told by the Churches
- Jews and the Synagogue of Satan
[Portions of this piece first appeared in End Times Prophecy Headlines: September 19, 2016.]
- Eternal Salvation Through Jesus Christ: Salvation Messages from End Times Prophecy Report
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- Deceitful Workers are Victims of Deception Themselves
- END TIMES PREPARATION: 15 Ways to Prepare for the End Times
- End Times Survival, End Times Preparation
- 35 Most Important ETPR Articles
by Jeremiah Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-16. © Mondo Frazier and End Times Prophecy Report, DBKP 2007-2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Link Disclaimer: inclusion of links to other blogs/websites is not necessarily an endorsement of all content posted in those blogs/websites.