A Quick Lesson in Why the Christian should not fear the future
The Bible says much to the believer about overcoming fear. Fear and doubt are things that should be foreign to the true Christian. Here’s reasons why.
—Philippians 1:21 (h/t:B)
“And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.”
“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”
—2 Timothy 1:7
“Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.”
—2 Corinthians 5:6-8
“There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.”
—1 John 4:18
DOES the reader fear for his future?
HE does not have to.
THERE is still time to change direction (repent) and place one’s trust in Almighty God and His Son, Jesus Christ.
“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. ”
–1 Corinthians 15:1-8
“But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:”
—2 Corinthians 4:3
- FEAR in the Media
- WHY is the Government, Media Promoting Fear?
- Hurricane Matthew: Government, Media Fear, Loathing and Hysteria
- Terror, Chaos, Panic, Fear: What’s Ahead for Unbelievers in the End Times
- Peace: Find the Peace that Passeth all Understanding
- END TIMES PREPARATION: 15 Ways to Prepare for the End Times
MORE ON FEAR
- God’s Promise to Believers: O Death, Where is Thy Sting?
- The Fear of Man
- Fear of the LORD vs Fear of Man
- FEAR: Fear God, Not Man
- END TIMES CHOICE: Fear of the LORD or the Fear of Man
- NO PEACE: The Wicked Cling to their Fears
- Fear: What does the Bible Say about Conquering Fear?
- Eternal Salvation Through Jesus Christ: Salvation Messages from End Times Prophecy Report
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- Deceitful Workers are Victims of Deception Themselves
- End Times Survival, End Times Preparation
- 35 Most Important ETPR Articles
by Jeremiah Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
image: Sira Anamwong, FreeDigitalPhotos.net
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-16. © Mondo Frazier and End Times Prophecy Report, DBKP 2007-2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Link Disclaimer: inclusion of links to other blogs/websites is not necessarily an endorsement of all content posted in those blogs/websites.