“Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.”
This present world is corrupt….
…Corrupted by sin and a source of wickedness.
By living in this world, believer and non-believer alike is surrounded by deception and sin.
BUT this present world’s corrosive influences can be neutralized–though the world will NEVER stop trying to ensnare men (especially men who have freed themselves)–by recognizing what it is the world is all about.
The world seeks to tangle and trap men in three ways.
- The lust of the flesh
- The lust of the eyes
- The pride of life
THE LUST OF THE FLESH. Appetites, desires, lusts. These over-stimulated desires lead to adultery, gluttony, fornication, drinking, drugs and every other sin related to satisfying the siren’s song of the flesh.
THE LUST OF THE EYES. Covetness: wanting of the things of this world. Greed, cars, homes, gadgets, wealth and every other sin related to attempting to satisfy men’s insatiable love of stuff.
THE PRIDE OF LIFE. The desire to want to “be somebody;” to be exalted and honored by the world; to be recognized by the world; the compulsion to leave a “legacy.”
What is one to do?
The best way to fight the never-ending, never-satisfied lusts of the world is to BELIEVE THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.
“Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?”
For more information about the world and fighting the ways of the world, the Book of 1st John is essential.
The first step toward overcoming the world is recognizing that the world is wicked and needs to be overcome.
The second step is to believe the message of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
The next step is to separate from the world.
“For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?”
IS the reader ensnared by the world?
DOES the reader know?
IS the reader’s day filled with concerns over things of the world?
THOUGH time grows short, there is still time left to change direction (repent) and call upon the name of the LORD.
Do not wait until it is too late.
“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. ”
–1 Corinthians 15:1-8
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”
- War of the World
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- Success, The World and The Very Rich
- The World is Jumpy
- Separating from the World: END TIMES SURVIVAL
- The Allure of the World
- Forced to Choose: The Bible or The World
- The Bible vs The World: The Heart of Man
- The Wisdom of the World Vs. The Wisdom of God
- Complete Guide to The World: The Ways of the World
- The World is Not as it Appears
- When the World Loves Lies, Truth Will be Hated
- TEAM EVIL: The Devil, The Flesh and The World
- THE WORLD: Futility of Men Exalting Men
- Legacy: This World will Pass Away and Not be Remembered
- LOST AND DYING WORLD: Believers are Just Passing Through
- God’s Promise to Believers: O Death, Where is Thy Sting?
- Sojourners, Pilgrims, Strangers: Christians are Just Passing Through
- Treasure in Heaven: We Will Leave this World with Nothing
- Vanity of Vanities: The World and the Things of the World Mean Nothing
- Life is Temporary: End Times Survival
- The Nature of Spiritual Deception
- END TIMES WARNINGS: Trying to Warn the Deceived
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- End Times Apostasy: Storm Warning for the Churches
- WARNING: Seven Warnings for the End Times
- DISOBEDIENCE and REBELLION: The Wisdom of Man OR the Word of God?
- Apostate Church: Breaking Every Chain
- Persecution, Tribulation, Troubles, Trials: What the Bible says to Christians
by Jeremiah Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
images: ETPR/Stuart Miles, FreeDigitalPhotos.net/ETPR
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-17. © Mondo Frazier and End Times Prophecy Report, DBKP 2007-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Link Disclaimer: inclusion of links to other blogs/websites is not necessarily an endorsement of all content posted in those blogs/website.