IF there is one circumstance the end times believer can be assured of, it is that he will be hated by the world for the name of Jesus.
This is not only something the Bible promises (in several different places), it is a situation of which the true believer will become intimately acquainted.
So it should come as no surprise that the world hates, not only Jesus Christ, but also the followers of Jesus Christ.
“If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.”
This circumstance (that the follower of Jesus is not popular) is sometimes remarked upon by non-believers. Many times the remarks will be put in such as way so that the non-believer can pretend to be joking or making a lighthearted comment. But a little discussion demonstrates that the remarks are serious in nature. Many times, non-believers want to know what is so valuable as to be worth the world’s utter contempt.
At times, the name of Jesus does not even have to be spoken. Just the defense of what used to be considered “normal morals” is often enough to draw attention to the believer.
Of course the name of Jesus DOES come up as the believer should not miss an opportunity to tell the world the reason for one’s hope.
“But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear”
And so, those who used to be considered associates and even friends drift away–or worse.
Of course, the believer is prepared for this: the Bible does not mince words about the world’s hatred of Jesus and his followers. But largely, the reaction of the believer is not anger.
Mostly, it is a sadness that those who are so deceived as to hate Jesus are destined for destruction.
And that is cause for great sadness.
Unless they repent.
Which is the cause for great joy and hope.
And, although it is hard for those in the world to believe: the chance of preaching the gospel and assisting a non-believer to the cross makes the hatred of the world for the believer worth it all.
DOES the reader feel uncomfortable when the discussion turns to Jesus Christ?
DOES the reader feel more comfortable talking about an unspecified “god” instead?
HOW OFTEN does the reader say the name of “Jesus Christ“?
It is not YET too late: there is still time to change direction (repent), place your faith for the future entirely on Jesus Christ and enter the kingdom of heaven.
DOES the reader believe he is saved?
DOES the reader believe he is NOT saved?
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: Making a Choice
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The Power of God Unto Salvation
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The End Times Power of God Unleashed
“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. ”
–1 Corinthians 15:1-8
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: Hated by the World
- Gospel is Offensive: Gospel Offends and Saves
- HATED: The Christian and His Message is Hated by the World
- To the isolated Christian in this Time of Apostasy
- When the World Loves Lies, Truth Will be Hated
- Constructing One’s Own Reality Begins with Self-Deception
- The Nature of Spiritual Deception
- Satan Has Counterfeited the Christian Church
- The Normalizing of Illegitimate Supernatural Power in the End Times
- The Powerless Churches: Church Folk and Their Lack of God’s Power
- Spiritual Deception and the Holy Spirit
- PRAYER: A Few Thoughts on Prayer and Praying
- Eternal Salvation Through Jesus Christ: Salvation Messages from End Times Prophecy Report
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- END TIMES PREPARATION: 15 Ways to Prepare for the End Times
- Deceitful Workers are Victims of Deception Themselves
- End Times Survival, End Times Preparation
- 35 Most Important ETPR Articles
by Jeremiah Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
image: ETPR/Stuart Miles, FreeDigitalPhotos.net/ETPR
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-18. © Mondo Frazier and End Times Prophecy Report, DBKP 2007-2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
RE: our link disclaimer: there are links, from time-to-time which appear on this site which we neither approve nor endorse. The frequency of these types of links will no doubt grow worse. All effort is made to remove such links when we become aware of them.]