Making lists is a compulsion of many moderns in the times in which we live.
Practically EVERYONE knows someone who is in a state of perpetual list making.
Perhaps the reader himself is a veteran maker of lists?
Without their day’s list in hand, the list makers many times plead their inability to otherwise “organize“: their lives, their tasks, their daily routine.
Compiling lists implies that one is busy with many important items to remember and/or do.
List making also implies that one is truly concerned about efficiently organizing one’s life, one’s daily tasks and marking each task off the list as it is efficiently completed.
HOWEVER, if the item was TRULY important, would a list be needed to remind one of it needing done?
Satan wishes to keep every single modern person busy–right up until the moment each dies.
Stay Busy: More Advice from Satan
Back in the day, the concept of “busy work” reigned. It was the idea that if one was being paid to work, there was NO standing around. It was the appearance of “staying busy.”A near-constant command of superiors was to “keep busy.”
“Busy work” was also characterized as “doing something when there was nothing to do.”
One of the two tasks of busy work remembered after all these years was 1- wiping down surfaces which had already been wiped and re-wiped “because they never can be too clean“; and, 2- making lists of all the jobs which could be done “when you have time” i.e., when one was not doing vital, necessary work.
And so, one might argue that “making lists” is a form of busy work for those who desire to appear busy.
The important question never gets asked, it seems.
“How many of those vital items on that list will be remembered–without prompting–only two weeks later?”
The list makers: just a common daily part of most people’s modern lives.
DOES the reader feel an urgency to compile “to do” lists?
DOES the reader believe that his time (and therefore, his life) is maintained and managed by the items remaining and those crossed off his lists?
DOES the reader believe spending so much effort and time on this life will somehow be rewarded?
DOES the reader believe compiling and maintaining lists of “things to do” is its own reward?
It is not YET too late: there is still time to change direction (repent), place your faith for the future entirely on Jesus Christ and enter the kingdom of heaven.
DOES the reader believe he is saved?
Make Your Calling and Election Sure: End Times Survival
DOES the reader believe he is NOT saved?
Time is Running Out: Today is the Day of Salvation
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: Making a Choice
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The Power of God Unto Salvation
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The End Times Power of God Unleashed
THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST
“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. ”
–1 Corinthians 15:1-8
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”
- Effective End Times Preparation Has NOTHING To Do with Making Lists or Storing Things of the World
- Making Lists: Another Distraction of the World
- Distraction, Distraction, Distraction: And then You Die
- Time Marches On: Distractions are Tools of the Enemy
- Stay Busy: More Advice from Satan
- Distracted by the World: Busy, Busy, Busy, Then It is Too Late
- Modern Life is Not Too Busy for Jesus Christ
[Portions of this piece appeared originally in End Times Prophecy Headlines: July 3, 2018.]
- Does it Do Any Good for the Wicked to Pray to God?
- The Wicked Need a Savior Too
- End Time Confusion: Believing Good to Be Evil and Evil to Be Good
- Satan Has Counterfeited the Christian Church
- The Deceptions of Demonic Power
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The Power of God Unto Salvation
- The Nature of Spiritual Deception
- Eternal Salvation Through Jesus Christ: Salvation Messages from End Times Prophecy Report
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- END TIMES PREPARATION: 15 Ways to Prepare for the End Times
- Deceitful Workers are Victims of Deception Themselves
- End Times Survival, End Times Preparation
- 35 Most Important ETPR Articles
- DISOBEDIENCE and REBELLION: The Wisdom of Man OR the Word of God?
- Apostate Church: Breaking Every Chain
- Persecution, Tribulation, Troubles, Trials: What the Bible says to Christians
by Jeremiah Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
image: ETPR/supertrooper, FreeDigitalPhotos.net/ETPR
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-18. © Mondo Frazier and End Times Prophecy Report, DBKP 2007-2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Link Disclaimer: inclusion of links to other blogs/websites is not necessarily an endorsement of all content posted in those blogs/website.