Occasionally, one hears the question “Why are we here on this earth?”
Or “What are we supposed to be doing?”
God’s entire purpose in creating man, fashioning the earth, putting man on earth and having man undergo the trials and tests of this present life has been no secret to those who study God’s Word.
God is looking for a people–for HIS people.
God is looking for those who value God above the things of this world. Man is born and placed in this world, with a choice of all of the various pleasures, blandishments, amusements and distractions of this world.
God is looking for those who value God above all of those various pleasures, amusements and distractions.
“And they shall be my people, and I will be their God:”
“as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.”
—2 Corinthians 6:16
“For thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out.”
“And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the LORD: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.”
“This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;”
“and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people”
“Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.”
“And I will bring them, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God, in truth and in righteousness.”
“But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.”
God is not looking for pretenders.
The LORD is not looking for tares.
God is not looking for fakes and phonies.
God is not looking for counterfeits.
And He is DEFINITELY not looking for those who talk the talk.
God has went through the process of creating the earth and placing man in it–surrounded by sin–for one reason and one reason only: God is looking for a people who SINCERELY want to be God’s people.
“And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.”
The end times are a time of testing.
They are also a sort of a final exam: NO ONE will be able to say that they were not given a clear choice who lives through the end times.
God OR the things of the world.
Sadly, almost all of mankind choose the things of the world–though many believe that they can carefully “walk the fine line” between God and the things of the world.
This deception is very prevalent in a land which teaches that “God wants to bless you” and that material things are “heaven-sent.”
There is no fine line.
There is no gray area.
There are no compromises.
There is God and His Son, Jesus Christ OR there is the world and the things of the world.
DOES the reader believe that he is enjoying the good life provided by God?
It is not YET too late: there is still time to change direction (repent), place your faith for the future entirely on Jesus Christ and enter the kingdom of heaven.
DOES the reader believe he is saved?
DOES the reader believe he is NOT saved?
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: Making a Choice
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The Power of God Unto Salvation
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The End Times Power of God Unleashed
THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST
“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. ”
–1 Corinthians 15:1-8
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”
- GOD’S PLAN: God is Looking for a People
- And They Shall Be My People: God is Looking for a People
- Few There Be: How Few is Few?
- End Times Purpose and Power of God Almighty
- Things of God or Things of This World: The Most Important Choice of End Times Man
[Portions of this piece appeared originally in End Times Prophecy Headlines: July 20-22, 2018.]
- Terror, Chaos, Panic, Fear: What’s Ahead for Unbelievers in the End Times
- The Normalizing of Illegitimate Supernatural Power in the End Times
- The Powerless Churches: Church Folk and Their Lack of God’s Power
- PRAYER: A Few Thoughts on Prayer and Praying
- Constructing One’s Own Reality Begins with Self-Deception
- Satan Has Counterfeited the Christian Church
- The Deceptions of Demonic Power
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The Power of God Unto Salvation
- The Nature of Spiritual Deception
- Eternal Salvation Through Jesus Christ: Salvation Messages from End Times Prophecy Report
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- END TIMES PREPARATION: 15 Ways to Prepare for the End Times
- Deceitful Workers are Victims of Deception Themselves
- End Times Survival, End Times Preparation
- 35 Most Important ETPR Articles
- DISOBEDIENCE and REBELLION: The Wisdom of Man OR the Word of God?
- Apostate Church: Breaking Every Chain
- Persecution, Tribulation, Troubles, Trials: What the Bible says to Christians
by Jeremiah Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
image: digitalart, FreeDigitalPhotos.net
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-18. © Mondo Frazier and End Times Prophecy Report, DBKP 2007-2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Link Disclaimer: inclusion of links to other blogs/websites is not necessarily an endorsement of all content posted in those blogs/website.