“If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.”
From a recent discussion which took place in public.
“Surely you have noticed how many people are totally plugged into their cellphones–even when they are surrounded by other people, family and friends? They rarely look up. They rarely have conversations or even acknowledge those who are with them unless it is to tell them what it is they are doing on THEIR phone or what is taking place on THEIR cell screen.”
“Hard NOT to notice it.”
“Why do you think that is?”
“Addiction, man. They’re addicted to cellphones.”
“But I do not believe in addiction; “Addiction” is a story told to explain away and mislead about certain behaviors; certain compulsions. Saying they are “addicted” strips them of their responsibility for their actions.”
“Okay, if they are not addicted, then what would you call it?”
“They are enslaved.”
“No it isn’t. Two completely different things. IF these people are “addicted,” it is almost like they are innocent bystanders and were seized and FORCED into their behaviors WITHOUT THEIR CONSENT. IF they are “enslaved,” then they are trapped in their behaviors by a snare of their own making.”
“I don’t understand.”
“You can tell “addiction” is only a story told to mislead the public about the true problem, which is sin and its destructive, enslaving consequences. “Addiction” USED to be about drugs and other substances physically altering people, who then perform unwanted behaviors. NOW, “addiction” is many times about those behaviors themselves. She’s addicted to shopping. He’s addicted to pornography. They’re addicted to the “good life” (living beyond their means.) At one time, the story of addiction was used to explain why certain substances physically compelled people to engage in illicit behaviors. THEN, the story became one of physical, emotional AND mental compulsion. NOW, the story of addiction is used to explain why those certain unwanted behaviors are beyond a normal person’s control. Just say someone is “addicted” and they are practically considered to be helpless victims.”
“So are cellphones responsible for the antisocial behavior you pointed out?”
“No. Cellphones are only the latest excuse to tell the “addiction” story again. Technology itself does not enslave man, although certain technologies may encourage man to behave in a certain manner which invites his enslavement by those behaviors.”
“That reminds me. I saw a painting of a crowd and everyone in the crowd had a cellphone instead of a face. And get this: the cellphones had tentacles and the tentacles had wrapped themselves around each person’s neck and head.”
“That artist might have been on to something.”
DOES the reader blame various objects and substances (cellphones, computers, drugs, alcohol, video games, the Internet) whenever he engages in bad behaviors?
DOES the reader know anyone who does this?
DOES the reader believe this is what has really happened?
It is not YET too late: there is still time to change direction (repent), place your faith (hope) for the future entirely on Jesus Christ and enter the kingdom of heaven.
DOES the reader believe he is saved?
DOES the reader believe he is NOT saved?
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: Making a Choice
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The Power of God Unto Salvation
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The End Times Power of God Unleashed
THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST
“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. ”
–1 Corinthians 15:1-8
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”
- Addictions, Sin and the Enslaved
- Strong Drink, Alcohol Treatment and Sin in the End Times
- Putting One’s Faith in Something Other Than God Almighty or Jesus Christ
- The Triumph of Religion–and Satan–in the End Times
[Portions of this piece appeared originally in End Times Prophecy Headlines: October 3, 2018.]
- The Powerless Churches: Church Folk and Their Lack of God’s Power
- PRAYER: A Few Thoughts on Prayer and Praying
- Constructing One’s Own Reality Begins with Self-Deception
- Satan Has Counterfeited the Christian Church
- The Deceptions of Demonic Power
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The Power of God Unto Salvation
- The Normalizing of Illegitimate Supernatural Power in the End Times
- The Nature of Spiritual Deception
- Eternal Salvation Through Jesus Christ: Salvation Messages from End Times Prophecy Report
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- END TIMES PREPARATION: 15 Ways to Prepare for the End Times
- Deceitful Workers are Victims of Deception Themselves
- End Times Survival, End Times Preparation
- 35 Most Important ETPR Articles
- DISOBEDIENCE and REBELLION: The Wisdom of Man OR the Word of God?
- Apostate Church: Breaking Every Chain
- Persecution, Tribulation, Troubles, Trials: What the Bible says to Christians
by Jeremiah Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-18. © Mondo Frazier and End Times Prophecy Report, DBKP, 2007-2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson, Mondo Frazier and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Link Disclaimer: inclusion of links to other blogs/websites is not necessarily an endorsement of all content posted to those blogs/website.