“He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.”
There are more than one Scripture which refers to the faith of the saints.
In addition, there is one Bible verse which references the patience of the saints.
BUT, there is only ONE Scripture which speaks of BOTH the patience AND the faith of the saints.
That verse is Revelation 13:10.
What is the “patience and faith of the saints” to which the verse refers?
The verse is referring to God’s end times command to believers to eschew the use of weapons against those who desire to see believers dead. To do so in difficult and chaotic times requires both patience and faith in the LORD God Almighty.
Although not taking up weapons against those who desire to see you dead does not sound like a well-thought-out end times strategy: it most certainly is.
The believer is given a choice: the weapons of man OR the faith in God Almighty.
Relying on faith in God, the believer is to utilize that faith–NOT weapons–to overcome end times persecution, trials, tribulation and/or troubles.
While the weapons of man may appear to offer a sanctuary from troubles, there is NO earthly weapon which can offer more protection than Almighty God.
“The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe. “
For all those who have trouble understanding this command, God’s Word makes it crystal clear what happens to those who put their trust in the weapons of man: “he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword.
Believers KNOW that God will avenge them.
God will avenge those who fear God far more effectively than those who are avenged can ever accomplish themselves using the weapons of man.
Believers KNOW that God will avenge them because God promises it in His Word; not once, not twice, not three times, but REPEATEDLY.
“In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ”
“Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.”
“God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.”
“And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.”
The assurances of an all-powerful, all-seeing, all-holy God are better than any weapon of man.
And that truly is the basis of the patience and faith of the saints.
HAS the reader put aside some weapons for a rainy day?
IS the reader a survivalist (“prepper“) who has put his faith in “guns, gold and groceries” to see him through the hard times which are coming?
It is not YET too late: there is still time to change direction (repent), place your faith (hope) for the future entirely on Jesus Christ and enter the kingdom of heaven.
DOES the reader believe he is saved?
Make Your Calling and Election Sure: End Times Survival
DOES the reader believe he is NOT saved?
Time is Running Out: Today is the Day of Salvation
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: Making a Choice
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The Power of God Unto Salvation
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The End Times Power of God Unleashed
THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST
“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. ”
–1 Corinthians 15:1-8
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”
MORE: Eternal Salvation Through Jesus Christ: Salvation Messages from End Times Prophecy Report
- DAY OF THE LORD: A Day of Vengeance and Destruction
- Christians and Weapons in the End Times
- Should Christians Pick Up Weapons in the End Times?
- Weapons of Our Warfare: END TIMES SURVIVAL
[Portions of this piece appeared originally in End Times Prophecy Headlines: October 12-14, 2018.]
- The Powerless Churches: Church Folk and Their Lack of God’s Power
- PRAYER: A Few Thoughts on Prayer and Praying
- Constructing One’s Own Reality Begins with Self-Deception
- Satan Has Counterfeited the Christian Church
- The Deceptions of Demonic Power
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The Power of God Unto Salvation
- The Normalizing of Illegitimate Supernatural Power in the End Times
- The Nature of Spiritual Deception
- Eternal Salvation Through Jesus Christ: Salvation Messages from End Times Prophecy Report
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- END TIMES PREPARATION: 15 Ways to Prepare for the End Times
- Deceitful Workers are Victims of Deception Themselves
- End Times Survival, End Times Preparation
- 35 Most Important ETPR Articles
- DISOBEDIENCE and REBELLION: The Wisdom of Man OR the Word of God?
- Apostate Church: Breaking Every Chain
- Persecution, Tribulation, Troubles, Trials: What the Bible says to Christians
by Jeremiah Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
image: ETPR/hyena reality, FreeDigitalPhotos.net/vectorolie, FreeDigitalPhotos.net/ETPR
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-18. © Mondo Frazier and End Times Prophecy Report, DBKP, 2007-2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson, Mondo Frazier and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Link Disclaimer: inclusion of links to other blogs/websites is not necessarily an endorsement of all content posted to those blogs/website.