“And he [Jesus Christ] came down with them, and stood in the plain, and the company of his disciples, and a great multitude of people out of all Judaea and Jerusalem, and from the sea coast of Tyre and Sidon, which came to hear him, and to be healed of their diseases; And they that were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed. And the whole multitude sought to touch him: for there went virtue out of him, and healed them all.”
When Jesus Christ walked the earth, multitudes came to hear Him and multitudes came to be healed.
The multitudes were afflicted.
In the end times in which we live, the multitudes are still afflicted.
No modern industrialized country is afflicted quite like the United States of America.
- Among 20 wealthy nations, US child mortality ranks worst, study finds
- New 11-Country Survey Finds U.S. Seniors Are the Sickest, Most Likely to Struggle to Afford Needed Health Care and Struggle With Basic Needs Like Food and Housing
- Northern California air quality rated the worst in the world, conditions ‘hazardous’
- USA makes list of 10 unhealthiest countries in the world
Why is this?
Why would America–formerly a country known for its healthy people–lead many lists of sickness, death and unhealthy practices?
Even a casual look at almost any group of Americans reveals a number who are using canes, lugging oxygen bottles and riding in mobility scooters. These Americans are often not elderly: many are middle-aged or younger.
—Ancient Israel, Modern America: Sickness, Disease and the Multitudes
Though government, Satan’s Mouthpiece (the Corporate Media), the medical establishment, drug manufactures, and scientists labor day and night to convince folks that everything is a physical cause-and-effect relationship, many suspect (from their experiences, their observations, their deductions) that this is not true.
This includes sickness, disease and physical infirmity.
The multitudes are afflicted.
There are many culprits: unhealthy habits, overindulgence, gluttony, over-consumption of alcohol and drugs–both recreational and those handed out by the medical establishment.
And lastly, perhaps the biggest culprits are those who suffer the most: the afflicted.
It is the afflicted who have rejected the truth of God’s Word for the largely meaningless words of men, the world and Satan. The afflicted not only are afflicted physically, they are deceived spiritually.
After all, the afflicted continue to turn to those who have been so ineffective at keeping them healthy. It is the afflicted who are largely the ones eagerly doing the same things over and over and yet expecting better results.
“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.”
–unknown author, but attributed to many
This is a prime reason why the affliction never gets any better for most.
While the world–and particularly Americans–grow sicker and more afflicted with each passing month, those who have grown rich dispensing ineffective treatments grow richer repeating the same advice, prescribing the same pills, vending the same poisons.
And so, a country which seemingly has every modern technology at its fingertips; which is richer than any other country ever; which is hopelessly deceived about the truth, continues to be be the epitome of affliction.
Sadly, when the multitudes reject the truth, they will suffer the affliction of the lies they believe.
Therefore, the multitudes continue to grow more afflicted by the day.
“And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.) Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them. There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.”
IS the reader afflicted?
DOES the reader carefully follow the regimens prescribed by various “learned men”?
HAS the reader shed his afflictions?
It is not YET too late: there is still time to change direction (repent), place your faith (hope) for the future entirely on Jesus Christ and enter the kingdom of heaven.
DOES the reader believe he is saved?
DOES the reader believe he is NOT saved?
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: Making a Choice
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The Power of God Unto Salvation
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The End Times Power of God Unleashed
THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST
“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. ”
–1 Corinthians 15:1-8
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”
- Ancient Israel, Modern America: Sickness, Disease and the Multitudes
- Not Everything is a Physical Cause-and-Effect Relationship: Great End Times Deceptions
- The Wicked Will Be Afflicted: A Promise
- Rules for the Rich: Money and Wealth and Unhappiness
[Portions of this piece appeared originally in End Times Prophecy Headlines: November 20, 2018.]
- The Powerless Churches: Church Folk and Their Lack of God’s Power
- PRAYER: A Few Thoughts on Prayer and Praying
- Constructing One’s Own Reality Begins with Self-Deception
- Satan Has Counterfeited the Christian Church
- The Deceptions of Demonic Power
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The Power of God Unto Salvation
- The Normalizing of Illegitimate Supernatural Power in the End Times
- The Nature of Spiritual Deception
- Eternal Salvation Through Jesus Christ: Salvation Messages from End Times Prophecy Report
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- END TIMES PREPARATION: 15 Ways to Prepare for the End Times
- Deceitful Workers are Victims of Deception Themselves
- End Times Survival, End Times Preparation
- 35 Most Important ETPR Articles
- DISOBEDIENCE and REBELLION: The Wisdom of Man OR the Word of God?
- Apostate Church: Breaking Every Chain
- Persecution, Tribulation, Troubles, Trials: What the Bible says to Christians
by Jeremiah Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
image: Vichaya Kiatying Angsulee, FreeDigitalPhotos.net
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-18. © Mondo Frazier and End Times Prophecy Report, DBKP, 2007-2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson, Mondo Frazier and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Link Disclaimer: inclusion of links to other blogs/websites is not necessarily an endorsement of all content posted to those blogs/website.