With all of the modern propaganda delivery platforms available to those who control the world–movies, computers, education, video games, TV, radio, advertising, publishing, news–one may wonder why another such delivery system might be needed?
To answer that question requires a look at what propaganda IS and what are its requirements.
First, what propaganda is.
Propaganda is information that is not objective and is used primarily to influence an audience and further an agenda, often by presenting facts selectively to encourage a particular synthesis or perception, or using loaded language to produce an emotional rather than a rational response to the information that is presented.
In a 1929 literary debate with Edward Bernays, Everett Dean Martin argues that, “Propaganda is making puppets of us. We are moved by hidden strings which the propagandist manipulates.”
Next, the requirements of all effective propaganda.
“But the most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly and with unflagging attention. It must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over. Here, as so often in this world, persistence is the first and most important requirement for success.”
–Adolf Hitler, Propaganda, the Big Lie and Adolf Hitler: 20 Hitler Quotes on Propaganda
“No amount of genius spent on the creation of propaganda will lead to success if a fundamental principle is not forever kept in mind. Propaganda must confine itself to very few points, and repeat them endlessly. Here, as with so many things in this world, persistence is the first and foremost condition of success.”
–Adolf Hitler, Propaganda, the Big Lie and Adolf Hitler: 20 Hitler Quotes on Propaganda
1- Propaganda must confine itself to a FEW points; and,
2- Those propaganda points must be repeated “ENDLESSLY.”
ALL of this makes modern pop music a nearly-perfect propaganda delivery system which complements all of the other propaganda platforms in use in our society.
1- As anyone who has even an elementary knowledge of modern pop music lyrics can attest, the topics covered in modern pop music–regardless of the genre–are FEW: sex, drugs, partying, fun, money, the many worldly things money can buy, cheating partners, revenge against the cheating partners, the joys of youth and the cheap, plastic “love” which is endlessly promoted in pop songs.
2- These topics are then played ENDLESSLY, seemingly everywhere moderns are to be found. Whether one is in one’s car, out eating, grocery shopping or walking through a store, one is inundated with the shrinking modern pop music playlist. Which makes perfect sense: less songs means the ones which are played get more repetitions.
The same sort of reasoning is responsible for the songs themselves becoming shorter.
- Songs Are Getting Shorter. Blame the Economics of Streaming Music
- WHY Pop Songs Are Getting Shorter, Plus Climate Change, Opioids And CBD
- HOW streaming affects the lengths of songs
- THE REASON WHY YOUR FAVORITE POP SONGS ARE GETTING SHORTER
- Pop Songs Have Become Significantly Shorter Over the Past 5 Years
There is one more reason why modern pop music is a nearly-perfect propaganda delivery system: it has to do with the nature of propaganda itself.
Propaganda appeals to emotion–and where does the modern pop song aim?
The only propaganda which appeals to emotion MORE than pop songs is most likely advertising.
1- The mystery of iniquity has produced a system where the victims of propaganda PAY FOR the messages to be poured into their minds; 2- Pop music is seen as ENTERTAINMENT and AMUSEMENT. When man feels he is being entertained, he often turns off his critical thinking; AND, 3- the victims are many times obsessed with the messages and those who sing them, thus assisting in their own indoctrination.
When one factors in all of the above, one can plainly see why pop music is a nearly-perfect propaganda delivery system.
DOES the reader consider pop music to be the “soundtrack to his life“?
HAS the reader ever wondered how it is that this situation arose?
It is not YET too late: there is still time to change direction (repent), place your faith (hope) for the future entirely on Jesus Christ and enter the kingdom of heaven.
DOES the reader believe he is saved?
DOES the reader believe he is NOT saved?
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: Making a Choice
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The Power of God Unto Salvation
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The End Times Power of God Unleashed
THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST
“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. ”
–1 Corinthians 15:1-8
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”
[Portions of this piece appeared originally in End Times Prophecy Headlines: August 30-September 1, 2019.]
- ABCs of Propaganda: Recognizing Propaganda
- Propaganda: Always Repeats, Constantly Repeats, Never Stops Repeating
- The “I-Can-Read-Your-Mind” Propaganda Campaign
- Superpowers and Superheroes: The Media Propaganda Campaign
- Entertaining Propaganda
- Propaganda, the Big Lie and Adolf Hitler: 20 Hitler Quotes on Propaganda
- Government Economic Propaganda Numbers
- America’s Soviet-Style Economic Propaganda
- Anti-Muslim Pre-War Propaganda
- Recognizing Pre-War Propaganda
- Anti-Muslim Propaganda: End Times Deception
- The Media War Against Conspiracy Theories: A Long-Running Propaganda Campaign
- Conspiracy Theories and Propaganda in the End Times
- Current Media Narratives: Narratives and Propaganda Used by the Media
- PARENTS IN CARS PROPAGANDA: HEROIN IN THE FRONT, BABIES IN THE BACK
- Big Cities Over Small Cities, Towns and Rural Areas: End Times Urban Propaganda
- Pre-War Propaganda, Rock Musicians and Christian Websites
- America Beware: Lies, Propaganda and End Times Deception
- Antichrist, Anti-Jesus Propaganda: End Times Deception
- Propaganda and Mass Indoctrination in the End Times
- Strong Delusion, Propaganda and Believing the Lie
- Man Struggles Against God
- God is in Control
- The Nature of Spiritual Deception
- Tender Mercies of the Lord: Will Not Always Be Available
- Eternal Salvation Through Jesus Christ: Salvation Messages from End Times Prophecy Report
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- END TIMES PREPARATION: 15 Ways to Prepare for the End Times
- Deceitful Workers are Victims of Deception Themselves
- End Times Survival, End Times Preparation
- 35 Most Important ETPR Articles
- DISOBEDIENCE and REBELLION: The Wisdom of Man OR the Word of God?
- Apostate Church: Breaking Every Chain
- Persecution, Tribulation, Troubles, Trials: What the Bible says to Christians
by Jeremiah Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-19. © Mondo Frazier and End Times Prophecy Report, DBKP 2007-2019. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Link Disclaimer: inclusion of links to other blogs/websites is not necessarily an endorsement of all content posted in those blogs/websites.
[NOTE: The following articles are from a service. We neither endorse nor at times have much control over them–although we do, of course, enjoy articles originating from this website on this service. Some articles illustrate points made in ETPR articles; some are merely for the reader’s edification or education.
ALL such links appearing in End Times Prophecy Headlines, such as those below, should originate at ETPR.
RE: our link disclaimer: there are links, from time-to-time which appear on this site which we neither approve nor endorse. The frequency of these types of links will no doubt grow worse. All effort is made to remove such links when we become aware of them.]