A great many of those who inhabit the churches quote Hebrews 10:25 in order to justify a great many things.
“Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.”
The verse is heard whenever one of the church folk attempt to re-entangle any who have broken free.
The verse is also used to justify the existence of the churches.
Hebrews 10:25 is also cited whenever someone expresses doubts about anything having to do with the validity of the churches themselves. (Usually this occurs whenever someone mentions that the church’s pastor has NOT preached the gospel in x number of months or questions the lack of adherence to the Bible.)
Hebrews 10:25 also just happened to be the topic of a recent discussion.
“The churches? The churches are a deception. In fact, you might say, “Those who congregate weekly, congregate weakly.”
“The churches are necessary. The Bible says “…not to forsake the assembling of ourselves…”
“Yes it does! But “Ourselves“ is the key word. “Ourselves” refers to other believers. Believers are to differentiate between believers and non-believers.”
“Okay, but the Bible also says “Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.” One of the few places a non-believer can hear the Word of God is in a church.”
“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
“Even if that church is mangling the Word of God?”
“Even if that church is mangling the Word of God. It’s better to hear the mangled Word than no word at all.”
“True enough, but believers are not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers. Or anything else for that matter.”
“Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?”
“So what is more important: not being unequally yoked? Or, assemlbing to hear the Word of God to increase faith?”
“Well, a church is not the only place one can hear the Word of God. Buy a set of Bible CDs and play them in your car.”
HOWEVER, this did not seem to convince the other side…
…and so, it is likely this discussion will continue at some point.
DOES the reader consider it necessary to attend services in one of the buildings popularly called “the churches“?
DOES the reader believe attending such a service is a signal to others that one is “good“–or at least, trying to be “good“?
It is not YET too late: there is still time to change direction (repent), place your faith (hope) for the future entirely on Jesus Christ and enter the kingdom of heaven.
DOES the reader believe he is saved?
Make Your Calling and Election Sure: End Times Survival
DOES the reader believe he is NOT saved?
Time is Running Out: Today is the Day of Salvation
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: Making a Choice
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The Power of God Unto Salvation
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The End Times Power of God Unleashed
THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST
“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. ”
–1 Corinthians 15:1-8
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”
MORE: Eternal Salvation Through Jesus Christ: Salvation Messages from End Times Prophecy Report
[Portions of this piece appeared originally in End Times Prophecy Headlines: September 2, 2019.]
- PART ONE: The Nature of the Churches
- The Nature of the Churches
- Christianity and the Occult: The Occult goes to Church
- COUNTERFEIT HOLY SPIRIT: Lying Spirits of Deception in the Churches
- PRAYER CIRCLES: Another Pagan Practice in the Church
- The Nature of Spiritual Deception
- Going to Church: Celebrating Tradition, Rituals and Empty Worship
- Assembling Together, Fellowship and the Apostate Church
- Satan Has Counterfeited the Christian Church
- Four Blood Moons: American Church Comfortable with Witchcraft
- What does the Bible say the End Times Churches will Look like
- LORD, LORD: Who is Crying Lord, Lord?
- Counterfeit Churches: Do Not Know the Gospel, Can’t Preach It
- The End Times Church of the Tares
- FALSE HOLY SPIRIT: A Sign Your Church is an End Times Church of the Dragon
- End Times Churches: Broken Beyond Repair
- The Apostate Churches
- Man Struggles Against God
- God is in Control
- The Nature of Spiritual Deception
- Tender Mercies of the Lord: Will Not Always Be Available
- Eternal Salvation Through Jesus Christ: Salvation Messages from End Times Prophecy Report
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- END TIMES PREPARATION: 15 Ways to Prepare for the End Times
- Deceitful Workers are Victims of Deception Themselves
- End Times Survival, End Times Preparation
- 35 Most Important ETPR Articles
- DISOBEDIENCE and REBELLION: The Wisdom of Man OR the Word of God?
- Apostate Church: Breaking Every Chain
- Persecution, Tribulation, Troubles, Trials: What the Bible says to Christians
by Jeremiah Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
image: Image by David Mark from Pixabay.com
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-19. © Mondo Frazier and End Times Prophecy Report, DBKP 2007-2019. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Link Disclaimer: inclusion of links to other blogs/websites is not necessarily an endorsement of all content posted in those blogs/websites.
[NOTE: The following articles are from a service. We neither endorse nor at times have much control over them–although we do, of course, enjoy articles originating from this website on this service. Some articles illustrate points made in ETPR articles; some are merely for the reader’s edification or education.
ALL such links appearing in End Times Prophecy Headlines, such as those below, should originate at ETPR.
RE: our link disclaimer: there are links, from time-to-time which appear on this site which we neither approve nor endorse. The frequency of these types of links will no doubt grow worse. All effort is made to remove such links when we become aware of them.]