“The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.”
The average reader, continuously schooled by the Love Machine we call education/media/entertainment/culture, most likely would be surprised at what the Bible declares about HATE.
One modern tale which is told is that those who disagree with what one says or does are “haters.”
Another bedtime story pumped into modern minds is that the only acceptable hate is one who hates hate.
Lastly, evil (or foolish) men are often depicted as being “consumed by hate.”
- Father of murdered girl scout Jodie Chesney: ‘I don’t want to be consumed by hate’
- THE JOURNAL OF STEFFANIE RIVERS: CONSUMED BY HATE
- Labour and the Tories are so consumed by hate and division, they are blind to the slow death of our economy
No doubt, the reader has personal knowledge of all this.
SO, what does God’s Word have to say about HATE?
First, it says that God Himself–who is perfectly holy (a concept fallible humans cannot even begin to understand)–is a hater.
“These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.”
SO basically, God Almighty HATES evil, sin and wickedness.
Second, God HATES those who commit evil, sin or wickedness. Though God is perfectly Holy, He is also the Perfect Judge–and He WILL judge perfectly.
“The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.”
“All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters.”
Third, God instructs those who love and follow Him to HATE evil as well.
“Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.”
“The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.”
Fourth, Jesus Christ (who was also God Himself) also expressed his HATRED of a group of evil men.
To the church at Ephesus, Jesus said:
“But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.”
Lastly, the well-known third chapter of Ecclesiastes even instructs that there is a “time to hate.”
“To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.”
It is not so much the ACT of hating which is important: it is the OBJECT of that hate.
In case there is any confusion, the Bible is VERY specific about what a believer is to HATE. For man to hate another man is NOT what the Bible says–and believers know all about being hated by other men.
- Hated of All Men For My Name?
- PROMISES: God’s Promises of Persecution, Tribulation and Hatred of the World for the Believer
- End Times Hatred of the Believers in Jesus Christ
What the Bible DOES say is to hate EVIL and the EVIL DEEDS which evil men do.
And not merely to find those behaviors “unlikable.”
HATE those behaviors.
Also, man is not to hate those who disagree with him.
DOES the reader consider hate to always be a bad thing?
It is not YET too late: there is still time to change direction (repent), place your faith (hope) for the future entirely on Jesus Christ and enter the kingdom of heaven.
DOES the reader believe he is saved?
DOES the reader believe he is NOT saved?
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: Making a Choice
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The Power of God Unto Salvation
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The End Times Power of God Unleashed
THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST
“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. ”
–1 Corinthians 15:1-8
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”
[Portions of this piece appeared originally in End Times Prophecy Headlines: December 3, 2019.]
- End Times Man Has Been Taught to Hate God
- Man Struggles Against God
- The World Hates Jesus Christ and His Followers
- Hate Speech and Christianity
- Hated of All Men: End Times Christians
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: Hated by the World
- HATED: The Christian and His Message is Hated by the World
- When the World Loves Lies, Truth Will be Hated
- Man Struggles Against God
- God is in Control
- The Nature of Spiritual Deception
- Tender Mercies of the Lord: Will Not Always Be Available
- Eternal Salvation Through Jesus Christ: Salvation Messages from End Times Prophecy Report
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- END TIMES PREPARATION: 15 Ways to Prepare for the End Times
- Deceitful Workers are Victims of Deception Themselves
- End Times Survival, End Times Preparation
- 35 Most Important ETPR Articles
- DISOBEDIENCE and REBELLION: The Wisdom of Man OR the Word of God?
- Apostate Church: Breaking Every Chain
- Persecution, Tribulation, Troubles, Trials: What the Bible says to Christians
by Jeremiah Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-19. © Mondo Frazier and End Times Prophecy Report, DBKP 2007-2019. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Link Disclaimer: inclusion of links to other blogs/websites is not necessarily an endorsement of all content posted in those blogs/websites.
[NOTE: The following articles are from a service. We neither endorse nor at times have much control over them–although we do, of course, enjoy articles originating from this website on this service. Some articles illustrate points made in ETPR articles; some are merely for the reader’s edification or education.
ALL such links appearing in End Times Prophecy Headlines, such as those below, should originate at ETPR.
RE: our link disclaimer: there are links, from time-to-time which appear on this site which we neither approve nor endorse. The frequency of these types of links will no doubt grow worse. All effort is made to remove such links when we become aware of them.]