“Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?”
Does the modern man or woman exist who does NOT complain about being too busy?
“I don’t know where I’ll find the time!”
“I’m really slammed. I mean REALLY!”
“I don’t know when I’ll be free!”
BUT MAYBE moderns aren’t quite as busy as they pretend?
MAYBE many moderns believe that being busy is a sign of being important?
MAYBE moderns feel that being busy is a sign that their lives are productive and full of meaningful work?
MAYBE some moderns figure that saying they are very busy is one way to keep friends, family, neighbors and associates from making requests on their time?
IF one was to examine the so-called “busy lives” of modern man, he would likely find three groups.
- A great many who claim they are busy, but are not.
- A very small number who are actually busy with something that needs doing; something important.
- A very sizable group who look busy by attending to distractions (those tasks they WANT or DESIRE to do–no matter what they may claim to others).
Many personnel managers–when faced with a job that needs to be done RIGHT AWAY–try to find the busiest person they employ. They say that a TRULY busy person knows how to manage their time and will figure a way to find the time for what TRULY needs to be done, Those who are the busiest always can find time to do one more important task.
Meanwhile, how many of those flustered, “busy” people occupy themselves with various time-killing activities?
Game shows on TV, crossword puzzles, gardening, fixing up those things others refer to as “junk,” tending to any number of those items moderns collect, music…
Distractions: because when a modern claims he is busy, any old thing will do.
This is all mentioned because IF those of the world knew what was REALLY important; what REALLY mattered, they would drop their many distractions–as well as even more important events–to ensure that their labor be at MEANINGFUL (kingdom of heaven; God) work–in both this world and the next.
“And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.”
DOES the reader believe himself to be busy?
IS he REALLY, TRULY busy–or does he become involved in unimportant activities which require his time?
It is not YET too late: there is still time to change direction (repent), place your faith (hope) for the future entirely on Jesus Christ and enter the kingdom of heaven.
DOES the reader believe he is saved?
DOES the reader believe he is NOT saved?
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: Making a Choice
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The Power of God Unto Salvation
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The End Times Power of God Unleashed
THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST
“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. ”
–1 Corinthians 15:1-8
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”
[Portions of this piece appeared originally in End Times Prophecy Headlines: August 26, 2020.]
- Living the Modern, Everyday Busy Life: Keeping Busy Right Up Until the End
- Distraction, Distraction, Distraction: And then You Die
- Distracted by the World: Busy, Busy, Busy, Then It is Too Late
- The List Makers: An Efficient Distraction of Modern Life
- Effective End Times Preparation Has NOTHING To Do with Making Lists or Storing Things of the World
- Making Lists: Another Distraction of the World
- Time Marches On: Distractions are Tools of the Enemy
- Stay Busy: More Advice from Satan
- Modern Life is Not Too Busy for Jesus Christ
- Man Struggles Against God
- God is in Control
- The Nature of Spiritual Deception
- Tender Mercies of the Lord: Will Not Always Be Available
- Eternal Salvation Through Jesus Christ: Salvation Messages from End Times Prophecy Report
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- END TIMES PREPARATION: 15 Ways to Prepare for the End Times
- Deceitful Workers are Victims of Deception Themselves
- End Times Survival, End Times Preparation
- 35 Most Important ETPR Articles
- DISOBEDIENCE and REBELLION: The Wisdom of Man OR the Word of God?
- Apostate Church: Breaking Every Chain
- Persecution, Tribulation, Troubles, Trials: What the Bible says to Christians
by Jeremiah Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-20. © Mondo Frazier and End Times Prophecy Report, DBKP 2007-2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Link Disclaimer: inclusion of links to other blogs/websites is not necessarily an endorsement of all content posted in those blogs/websites.
[NOTE: The following articles are from a service. We neither endorse nor at times have much control over them–although we do, of course, enjoy articles originating from this website on this service. Some articles illustrate points made in ETPR articles; some are merely for the reader’s edification or education.
ALL such links appearing in End Times Prophecy Headlines, such as those below, should originate at ETPR.
RE: our link disclaimer: there are links, from time-to-time which appear on this site which we neither approve nor endorse. The frequency of these types of links will no doubt grow worse. All effort is made to remove such links when we become aware of them.]