“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)”–1CORINTHIANS 10:3-4
While searching through some older articles, one which had been originally written over FIVE years ago was stumbled upon.
While re-reading this piece, a number of points that the time in which we live DEMANDS that the reader once again make his acquaintance–as this reader recently did.
1- The power of a believer’s prayer is such that the power is called DUNAMIS–from which we get the word “dynamite.”
In the realm of spiritual warfare, few things match the power of the prayers of the believer.
“Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.”
Because a believer has the power of the Holy Spirit, his prayers are a conduit of dunamis (explosive, miraculous) power.
ONLY believers, THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT, have access to this mighty, miraculous power. With the Holy Spirit, believers may confidently engage in spiritual warfare.—SPIRITUAL WARFARE: The Explosive Power of the Believer’s Prayers
2- In fighting spiritual battles, the name of Jesus is important: VERY important.
But, the name of Jesus is not the only weapon at the fingertips of the believer.
Yes, the name of Jesus is very important. Evil spirits are cast out in the name of Jesus.
“And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.”
But it should never be forgotten that the name of Jesus is not all there is.
“Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out? And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.”
In Matthew 17:19-21, the disciples of Jesus did not yet have access to the explosive dunamis power of the Holy Spirit because the Holy Spirit had not yet come to believers.
The Holy Spirit could only come upon the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
“Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.”
–John 16:7—SPIRITUAL WARFARE: The Explosive Power of the Believer’s Prayers
Another useful weapons in the spiritual arena is the Word of God. God’s Word contains MUCH useful information–though Satan and his workers of iniquity have spent CENTURIES (Naturally!) trying to discredit what the truth of the Bible.
3- And perhaps, most importantly: a person who is searching for supernatural power to accomplish his own selfish purposes, NO MATTER HOW NOBLE OR GOOD HE MAY CLAIM THOSE PURPOSES MIGHT BE, will be UNABLE to access God’s supernatural power (as directed by God’s Holy Spirit).
IN FACT, such a person will not even be able to become a member of the kingdom of heaven.
Those who are looking for supernatural (spiritual) power only (or primarily) will not become members of the kingdom of heaven. The power of the Holy Spirit is a benefit of, not the reason for, becoming a disciple of Jesus Christ.—SPIRITUAL WARFARE: The Explosive Power of the Believer’s Prayers
All of which leads to a few thoughts.
1- Though the great bulk of mankind has NO experience with supernatural power–either legitimately (through God) or illegitimately (through familiar or demonic spirits)–a sizeable number HAVE accessed supernatural power illegitmately. This is a WEAK form of that power which always boomerangs back to the ultimate misfortune of the person who accessed that illegitimate power and who suffers God’s judgment because of those actions.
- Familiar Spirits = Weak Tea
- Consulting with Familiar Spirits: Beware Psychics, Witches, Necromancers, Sorcerers, Diviners, Wizards, Charmers, Astrologers and Others Who Consult with Familiar Spirits
- Illegitimate Supernatural Power is Quite Common in the End Times
- The Occult and Those Who Traffic in the Occult: 10 Observations
- Hollywood, Image, Glamour, Illusion and the Occult
- The Normalizing of Illegitimate Supernatural Power in the End Times
2. IF those who walk the broad way to destruction would EVER switch paths and access God’s TREMENDOUS, miraculous power, they would NEVER again give the trinkets and party tricks of demonic, familiar spirits a second look.
However, most of those who trudge off to eternal judgment are deceived–and being deceived, they are ABSOLUTELY CONVINCED that they hold in their hands a GREAT and terrible power.
3- IF the world at large EVER could compare the power of its weapons (guns, knives, rockets, missiles, swords, etc.) with the UNLIMITED POWER of God, it is suspected that the world would immediately give up its carnal weapons for something more dependable and diverse in purpose.
IS the reader equipped for what must come to pass in the near future?
It is not YET too late: there is still time to change direction (repent), place your faith (hope) for the future entirely on Jesus Christ and enter the kingdom of heaven.
DOES the reader believe he is saved?
DOES the reader believe he is NOT saved?
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: Making a Choice
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The Power of God Unto Salvation
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The End Times Power of God Unleashed
THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST
“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. ”
–1 Corinthians 15:1-8
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”
[Portions of this piece appeared originally in End Times Prophecy Headlines: April 28, 2021.]
- Blaming God For One’s Lack of Spiritual Power
- SPIRITUAL WARFARE: The Explosive Power of the Believer’s Prayers
- Weapons of Our Warfare: END TIMES SURVIVAL
- We Fight Spiritual Battles, Not Physical Ones
- Ten Quotes About Some Aspect of Spirituality
- In Case of Eternal, Spiritual Emergency
- Modern Man: Technically Free, Spiritually in Chains
- The Powerless Churches: Church Folk and Their Lack of God’s Power
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The Power of God Unto Salvation
- Man Struggles Against God
- God is in Control
- The Nature of Spiritual Deception
- Tender Mercies of the Lord: Will Not Always Be Available
- Eternal Salvation Through Jesus Christ: Salvation Messages from End Times Prophecy Report
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- END TIMES PREPARATION: 15 Ways to Prepare for the End Times
- Deceitful Workers are Victims of Deception Themselves
- End Times Survival, End Times Preparation
- 35 Most Important ETPR Articles
- DISOBEDIENCE and REBELLION: The Wisdom of Man OR the Word of God?
- Apostate Church: Breaking Every Chain
- Persecution, Tribulation, Troubles, Trials: What the Bible says to Christians
by Jeremiah Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
1- ETPR/vectorolie, hyena reality, FreeDigitalPhotos.net/ETPR
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-21. © Mondo Frazier and End Times Prophecy Report, DBKP 2007-2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Link Disclaimer: inclusion of links to other blogs/websites is not necessarily an endorsement of all content posted in those blogs/websites.
[NOTE: The following articles are from a service. We neither endorse nor at times have much control over them–although we do, of course, enjoy articles originating from this website on this service. Some articles illustrate points made in ETPR articles; some are merely for the reader’s edification or education.
ALL such links appearing in End Times Prophecy Headlines, such as those below, should originate at ETPR.
RE: our link disclaimer: there are links, from time-to-time which appear on this site which we neither approve nor endorse. The frequency of these types of links will no doubt grow worse. All effort is made to remove such links when we become aware of them.]