Satan (the dragon, the serpent, the deceiver, the devil) is portrayed by his followers as an opponent of God.
He is NOT.
Satan is on an incredible streak when he steps up to the plate against God or Jesus: Satan is a PERFECT 0-for. That is, Satan has NEVER (not even once) triumphed over his Creator.
Satan is, however, the CHIEF opponent of MAN.
Satan likes the odds when he squares off against man.
Created as a higher order of being, Satan is smarter than ANY man.
Satan is more clever than ANY man.
Satan is more experienced than ANY man.
Satan is MUCH better at lying than ANY man is at detecting those falsehoods.
Satan is a MASTER deceiver.
“And the great dragon…that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world.”–Revelation 12:9
However, even MASTER deceivers have to keep up appearances.
And so, during the end times (the times in which we live), Satan is QUITE concerned with his IMAGE: that side the devil wants the world to see–and remember.
AFTER ALL, Satan wants to be thought of as a misunderstood HELPER TO MAN–instead of man’s most mortal enemy.
“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour”–1PETER 5:8
It has ALWAYS been so with Satan–who at one time (when he was an angel of God) was called Lucifer–who has ALWAYS been overly-concerned with appearances; specifically, Satan’s appearances.
“Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.”–Ezekiel 28:17
And because Satan is so focused on his “brand,” the devil (and his deceived followers) will spend much time, effort and resources during the end times burnishing ALL the various elements which make up the brand name of “Satan.”
“…the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan…”–Revelation 20:2
IN FACT, the reader will see MUCH media and entertainment resources devoted to polishing Satan’s image during the end times. This is ONE way the reader can EASILY keep track of the end times.
- Presenting “dragons” as friendly and cuddly and helpful
- Presenting snakes as misunderstood benefactors to man
- Arguing that Satan is not so bad as has he has been mistakenly portrayed.
- Making dragons the “heroes” of children’s cartoons, books and other media.
Satan wants the reader to believe that he is a VICTIM: that he has gotten a BAD RAP.
Really, it’s just a BIG MISUNDERSTANDING.
A few examples follow.
- What the Devil? Prince of Darkness Is Misunderstood, Says UCLA Professor
- Giving the devil his due
- Why Can’t the Devil Get a Second Chance?
- Sympathy for the devil
- The not-so-deadly dragon
- Ten Reasons to Like Snakes
Satan (and his deluded followers) are VERY concerned about the Devil’s image in the end times.
HAS the reader ever devoted much thought to Satan’s brand?
It is not YET too late: there is still time to change direction (repent), place your faith (hope) for the future entirely on Jesus Christ and enter the kingdom of heaven.
DOES the reader believe he is saved?
DOES the reader believe he is NOT saved?
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: Making a Choice
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The Power of God Unto Salvation
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The End Times Power of God Unleashed
THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST
“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. ”
–1 Corinthians 15:1-8
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”
- Man Struggles Against God
- God is in Control
- The Nature of Spiritual Deception
- Tender Mercies of the Lord: Will Not Always Be Available
- Eternal Salvation Through Jesus Christ: Salvation Messages from End Times Prophecy Report
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- END TIMES PREPARATION: 15 Ways to Prepare for the End Times
- Deceitful Workers are Victims of Deception Themselves
- End Times Survival, End Times Preparation
- 35 Most Important ETPR Articles
- DISOBEDIENCE and REBELLION: The Wisdom of Man OR the Word of God?
- Apostate Church: Breaking Every Chain
- Persecution, Tribulation, Troubles, Trials: What the Bible says to Christians
by Jeremiah Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-21. © Mondo Frazier and End Times Prophecy Report, DBKP 2007-2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Link Disclaimer: inclusion of links to other blogs/websites is not necessarily an endorsement of all content posted in those blogs/websites.
[NOTE: The following articles are from a service. We neither endorse nor at times have much control over them–although we do, of course, enjoy articles originating from this website on this service. Some articles illustrate points made in ETPR articles; some are merely for the reader’s edification or education.
ALL such links appearing in End Times Prophecy Headlines, such as those below, should originate at ETPR.