A phrase which is popular with a certain group of people these days goes something like this.
“Words have meaning.”
IN FACT, ex-Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia said, “Words have meaning. And their meaning doesn’t change.”
Which is a useful thing to say for someone who is a Supreme Court Justice.
BUT, which does NOT make what has been said TRUE.
[The author of the linked piece would have readers believe that Number Seven on the list–“Naughty“–once meant something quite different than what the word means today. YET, God’s Word employs “naughty” in a manner which is CLEARLY understood like today’s word.
“A naughty person, a wicked man, walketh with a froward mouth.”
Are there OTHER words on the list which also have bogus or dubious stories attached to them?]
A more USEFUL quote might be, “Words mean whatever we say they mean.”
And this quote has most likely been used by EVERY person who exercises ANY amount of power over his fellows, great or small.
This last phrase is ALSO useful for all of those who write the wonderfully entertaining stories which so many of deceived men believe.
And, it is suspected, it is to this last (largely unspoken) quote which the “Words have meaning” proponents are directing their arguments toward.
Which brings to mind another quote: this final one by American humorist, Mark Twain. It is certainly a appropriate quote for the deception-filled end times.
“What gets us into trouble is not what we don’t know. It’s what we know for sure that just ain’t so.”
DOES the reader believe all of the marvelous stories he has been told his whole life?
WHAT does the reader believe?
It is not YET too late: there is still time to change direction (repent), place your faith (hope) for the future entirely on Jesus Christ and enter the kingdom of heaven.
DOES the reader believe he is saved?
DOES the reader believe he is NOT saved?
THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST
“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. ”
–1 Corinthians 15:1-8
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”
[Portions of this piece appeared originally in End Times Prophecy Headlines: August 23, 2021.]
- Modern Stories and Other Lies
- STORIES: True or False?
- End Times Deceived Americans: There Are a GREAT MANY Stories Which Remain to Be Told
- The Great Story That is History
- 20 Quotes About History: History is a Collection of Stories
- Climax of Human History: Day of the LORD or Return of Jesus Christ
- Climax of Human History, Part Two
- TELL ME A STORY Part Four: Why Are All of the Stories Being Told?
- The Story of Mindfulness
- The Many Stories Told By Satan’s Storytellers to Stroke Satan’s Ego
- Satan Uses Many Different Storytellers: Whatever Works
- Climate-Mongers Will End Up in the Middle of Their Scariest Stories
- Man Struggles Against God
- God is in Control
- The Nature of Spiritual Deception
- Tender Mercies of the Lord: Will Not Always Be Available
- Eternal Salvation Through Jesus Christ: Salvation Messages from End Times Prophecy Report
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- END TIMES PREPARATION: 15 Ways to Prepare for the End Times
- Deceitful Workers are Victims of Deception Themselves
- End Times Survival, End Times Preparation
- 35 Most Important ETPR Articles
- DISOBEDIENCE and REBELLION: The Wisdom of Man OR the Word of God?
- Apostate Church: Breaking Every Chain
- Persecution, Tribulation, Troubles, Trials: What the Bible says to Christians
by Jeremiah Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-21. © Mondo Frazier and End Times Prophecy Report, DBKP 2007-2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Link Disclaimer: inclusion of links to other blogs/websites is not necessarily an endorsement of all content posted in those blogs/websites.
[NOTE: The following articles are from a service. We neither endorse nor at times have much control over them–although we do, of course, enjoy articles originating from this website on this service. Some articles illustrate points made in ETPR articles; some are merely for the reader’s edification or education.