1 (idiomatic) To ignore or deliberately overlook or ignore, especially with respect to something unpleasant or improper; to look the other way. To knowingly refuse to acknowledge something which you know to be real.
It appears that one of the requirements for living a modern life OF COMFORT which most men have mastered is the TURNING A BLIND EYE TO GOD’S WORD.
This can easily be proved. God’s Word guarantees all those who follow Jesus Christ PERSECUTION and TRIBULATION–NEITHER of which promise much comfort.
“Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.”
“Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.”
And so, the modern who DESIRES to live comfortably–never mind whether that modern realizes his desires or not–usually acts as though God’s Word did not exist.
This is accomplished in a number of ways.
- The substitution of attendance at one of Satan’s churches for the transformation of the spiritual rebirth.
- The following of various wolves in sheep’s clothing who twist and bend God’s Word to fit the modern lifestyle.
- The neglect to study God’s Word ON ONE’S OWN.
It is suspected that the stated desire to live comfortably is only ONE part of what the on-the-go modern is looking for.
A desire to ‘go along to get along‘ ALSO figures into many modern calculations: no unpleasant disagreements about Jesus; no having to explain how such a well-educated person believes the Bible; no disagreements of this nature over spiritual matters AT ALL.
Only a nice, comfortable bubble of conformity in which to live one’s life.
And since one of the HIGHEST values of the modern life is COMFORT, turning a blind eye to God’s Word seemingly assures the evil, wicked and foolish of all of that.
OF COURSE, since the COMFORT so many moderns crave ONLY lasts this very short and very temporary life–IF THAT–most moderns will end up being disappointed with the choices they have made.
All in the name of COMFORT.
HAS the reader turned a blind eye to the commands–and warnings–of God’s Word?
DOES the reader have his own little WORDS OF COMFORT to repeat whenever his conscience bothers him?
It is not YET too late: there is still a little time to change direction (repent), place your faith (hope) for the future entirely on Jesus Christ and enter the kingdom of heaven.
DOES the reader believe he is saved?
DOES the reader believe he is NOT saved?
THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST
“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. ”
–1 Corinthians 15:1-8
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”
[Portions of this piece appeared originally in End Times Prophecy Headlines: October 4, 2021.]
- One’s Comfort is Such a Fleeting, Fickle Thing
- Sincerely Seek the Mercy of the LORD: Do Not Wait, Do Not Delay
- A Regular Routine in Times of Chaos and Uncertainty: The Comfort of the Familiar
- Those Most Comfortable
- The Small Comforts and Joys
- Man Struggles Against God
- God is in Control
- The Nature of Spiritual Deception
- Tender Mercies of the Lord: Will Not Always Be Available
- Eternal Salvation Through Jesus Christ: Salvation Messages from End Times Prophecy Report
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- END TIMES PREPARATION: 15 Ways to Prepare for the End Times
- Deceitful Workers are Victims of Deception Themselves
- End Times Survival, End Times Preparation
- 35 Most Important ETPR Articles
- DISOBEDIENCE and REBELLION: The Wisdom of Man OR the Word of God?
- Apostate Church: Breaking Every Chain
- Persecution, Tribulation, Troubles, Trials: What the Bible says to Christians
by Jeremiah Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-21. © Mondo Frazier and End Times Prophecy Report, DBKP 2007-2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Link Disclaimer: inclusion of links to other blogs/websites is not necessarily an endorsement of all content posted in those blogs/websites.