“Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: For which things’ sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience: In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.”
One little, mostly-unremarked truth of being a believer is that almost all believers were once UNBELIEVERS.
Followers of Jesus Christ can compare their life in this world with their present life.
They can make this comparison because they have lived both sides. Believers KNOW what it was formerly like living in the world.
UNBELIEVERS have only lived ONE side.
UNBELIEVERS cannot make a valid comparison.
UNBELIEVERS rely on speculation and conjecture to make their arguments.
However, speculation, conjecture and other guesses are usually enough to win over a fallen and dying world of men.
Particularly, the men of the last days.
“And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.”
BELIEVERS, having once lived as enemies of God, can truthfully compare what they once were with their present life.
UNBELIEVERS can only compare their present life with what they GUESS life is like as a follower of God and His Son, Jesus Christ.
If unbelievers knew for certain what life was like as a believer, they would be believers.
DOES the reader believe he is saved?
HAS the reader experienced the second, spiritual re-birth?
It is not YET too late: there is still a little time to change direction (repent), place your faith (hope) for the future entirely on Jesus Christ and enter the kingdom of heaven.
DOES the reader believe he is saved?
DOES the reader believe he is NOT saved?
THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST
“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. ”
–1 Corinthians 15:1-8
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”
[Portions of this piece appeared originally in End Times Prophecy Headlines: November 22, 2021.]
- During the End Times, Believers have ONE Thing to Offer to God
- The ONE Thing Believers Have to Give
- Can the Believer Be Deceived?
- UNBELIEF: Passing Along the Myths of Ignorance and Destruction
- Modern Storytelling 101: Dressing the Supernatural in the Clothing of Science
- SCIENCE! and Magic
- Satan Uses Many Different Storytellers: Whatever Works
- REBRANDING EVIL: Science is an Ancient, Pagan Religion
- The Occult Sources of Much Science
- Science Constantly Changes, The Truth Never Changes
- Transforming Magic and the Demonic into Science: Changing Science into Magic
- Man Struggles Against God
- God is in Control
- The Nature of Spiritual Deception
- Tender Mercies of the Lord: Will Not Always Be Available
- Eternal Salvation Through Jesus Christ: Salvation Messages from End Times Prophecy Report
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- END TIMES PREPARATION: 15 Ways to Prepare for the End Times
- Deceitful Workers are Victims of Deception Themselves
- End Times Survival, End Times Preparation
- 35 Most Important ETPR Articles
- DISOBEDIENCE and REBELLION: The Wisdom of Man OR the Word of God?
- Apostate Church: Breaking Every Chain
- Persecution, Tribulation, Troubles, Trials: What the Bible says to Christians
by Jeremiah Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
image: Photo from Pexels.com