“Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.”
IF moderns have NO background in what is written in God’s Word (the Bible) PRIOR to the end times, then they suffer the handicap of being told the WRONG information by MANY false teachers–and then, readers BELIEVE that FALSE Bible info.
And so it is with the LENGTH of time men who dwell upon the earth suffer through what is called “The Tribulation” (sometimes referred to as “The GREAT Tribulation.”
False teachers have taught (and it has been endlessly repeated) and it is believed by many that the Tribulation Period in the Bible lasts SEVEN YEARS.
It does NOT last seven years.
According to God’s Word, that period of testing lasts THREE-AND-ONE-HALF YEARS.
As ETPR warned about FIVE-AND-ONE-HALF YEARS AGO (in 10 End Times Deceptions – Part Two):
- 6. The period of tribulation is seven years long.
When God wants to make sure people don’t miss an important point, it appears more than once in His Word.
The length of time for the tribulation and its events appears SEVEN times in Scripture.
ALL of them say the same thing: it is 3 1/2 years, not seven.
The popular teaching of “Daniel’s 70th week” being the cause of a seven-year tribulation period is a relatively new teaching. One cannot find it before the 1800s.
“Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.”
As stated the Bible is quite clear about the length of time of the tribulation. Actually, it will be even shorter than 3 1/2 years: the time will be cut short by God for the elect’s sake.
“And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.”
To make sure that the public has the deception hook set deep in their mouths, Hal Lindsay’s 1970’s best-seller The Late Great Planet Earth [28+ million copies and a movie], and the 1990’s Left Behind series [65+ million copies and four movies] dished up a seven-year tribulation (among their many, many other deceptions.)
- 1260 days (3 1/2 years) -+ The two witnesses shall prophesy.”And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.”
- 1260 days (3 1/2 years) – Woman is sustained in the wilderness.“And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne. And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.”
- Time, times and half a time (3 1/2 years) – Woman is nourished in the wilderness.“And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.”
- Forty and two months (3 1/2 years) – Power is given to the beast to continue.“And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months”
- In addition, there are three verses in Daniel which refer to time, times and a dividing of time (3 1/2 years). Various writers, including Lindsay and the Left Behind crew, have added the verses from Daniel into their tales of “Daniel’s 70th week.”
—Great Tribulation: Periods of Time in Revelation VS Claims of Man
Just to make sure there are no questions, the Bible gives the length of time in days (1260), months (42) and years.
And yet, the dragon’s minions STILL twist Scripture and men are STILL deceived by it.
The circumstance has only gotten worse since the above was penned.
The Tribulation period is ONLY three-and-one-half years (NOT seven years!) long–AS IF three-and-one-half years is not long enough.
There are a few ways the reader can tell this is true.
1- The media speaks as if with ONE voice (the voice of the dragon): “The Tribulation Period is SEVEN years long. Here’s WHY.”
2- As was originally brought up nearly TEN years ago, the reader only need ask himself the question, “Would God give the man of sin (false prophet, false Messiah) TWICE as long to complete his ministry as God gave His Son, Jesus Christ?”
So, when the reader finds himself in the middle of MUCH tribulation, he should be glad to know that it is NOT seven years long.
HOW long did the reader believe the Tribulation Period to be?
It is not YET too late: there is still a LITTLE time to change direction (repent), place your faith (hope) for the future entirely on Jesus Christ and enter the kingdom of heaven.
DOES the reader believe he is saved?
Make Your Calling and Election Sure: End Times Survival
DOES the reader believe he is NOT saved?
Time is Running Out: Today is the Day of Salvation
THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST
“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. ”
–1 Corinthians 15:1-8
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”
MORE: Eternal Salvation Through Jesus Christ: Salvation Messages from End Times Prophecy Report
A Reminder: The Gospel is Simple
[Portions of this piece appeared originally in End Times Prophecy Headlines: July 27, 2022.]
- Man Struggles Against God
- God is in Control
- The Nature of Spiritual Deception
- Tender Mercies of the Lord: Will Not Always Be Available
- Eternal Salvation Through Jesus Christ: Salvation Messages from End Times Prophecy Report
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- END TIMES PREPARATION: 15 Ways to Prepare for the End Times
- Deceitful Workers are Victims of Deception Themselves
- End Times Survival, End Times Preparation
- 35 Most Important ETPR Articles
- DISOBEDIENCE and REBELLION: The Wisdom of Man OR the Word of God?
- Apostate Church: Breaking Every Chain
- Persecution, Tribulation, Troubles, Trials: What the Bible says to Christians
by Jeremiah Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-22. © Mondo Frazier and End Times Prophecy Report, DBKP 2007-2022. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Link Disclaimer: inclusion of links to other blogs/websites is not necessarily an endorsement of all content posted in those blogs/websites.
[NOTE: The following articles are from a service. We neither endorse nor at times have much control over them–although we do, of course, enjoy articles originating from this website on this service. Some articles illustrate points made in ETPR articles; some are merely for the reader’s edification or education.