INDIGNANT AND OFFENDED
Real Christians do not ignore or dismiss God’s Word.
However, apostate pretenders, tares and counterfeits have no problem ignoring inconvenient Scripture.
A conversation can sometimes serve as a reminder of this. So it was with a recent conversation.
Pretend Christians fall into predictable patterns when confronted with Bible verses which they cannot answer. The usual pattern seems to be:
- Ignore the Bible verse.
- Dismiss the verse by claiming that it is “symbolic imagery” or that “it comes from a part of the Bible not meant to be understood” or some other unbiblical excuse.
- Quote another verse which has nothing to do with the one ignored. Any verse will do.
- Attack the person who originally brought up the unanswered Bible verse.
- Finally, act indignant and offended as an excuse to end the conversation about the Scripture. Further drama can be achieved by leaving the room.
It has happened so many times in just the way described…
“And then shall many be offended,”
Once more: real Christians do not ignore or dismiss God’s Word.
When someone does this, it’s a tip off to their true allegiance.
[Parts of this piece originally appeared in End Times Prophecy Headlines: March 21-22, 2015.]
- Biggest Deception: Church Attendance Equals Christianity
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- Satan Has Counterfeited the Christian Church
- Church-going Apostates Demand End Times Lies, Deception
- Discernment Inc: Servicing the Apostate Churches
- End Times Apostasy: Counterfeit Christians have Infiltrated the Churches
- Assembling Together, Fellowship and the Apostate Church
- Going to Church: Celebrating Tradition, Rituals and Empty Worship
- Sins of Sodom and the Sins of America
- American Rebel or Child of God: Make Your Choice
- SELLING SIN BY ANOTHER NAME: The American Dream
by Jeremiah Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
image:ETPR/Stuart Miles, FreeDigitalPhotos.net/ETPR
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-15. © Mondo Frazier and End Times Prophecy Report, DBKP 2007-2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Link Disclaimer: inclusion of links to other blogs/websites is not necessarily an endorsement of all content posted in those blogs/websites.