“And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.”
10 POINTS ABOUT REALITY, BOTH REAL AND FALSE
Recently a few questions were asked concerning the subject of reality, false and alternative realities.
The following is based upon those various discussions held at different times over the past six months.
1) What is reality?
There are a lot of practical definitions of “reality“–almost as many as there are opinions about what reality actually is.
“Reality is real.”
“Reality is everything about your life.”
“Reality is whatever the majority of people around you decide it is.”
“Reality is what one experiences via his senses.”
“Reality is the world’s reassurance that one’s life is in sync with the rest of the world.”
According to Merriam-Webster, “reality” is 1) the totality of real things and events; and/or 2) something that is neither derivative nor dependent but exists necessarily.
It was finally decided that a good working definition of “reality” might be “everything that makes up ones everyday life.”
2) Can reality be altered?
The general consensus was “Yes.”
3) IF reality can be altered, what are some of the ways (methods) used?
The following list covers the methods suggested. (Some of these methods were agreed upon by all; others, had as little as one proponent). While not all suggestions have been remembered, the majority are.
- Drugs – both recreational and prescription (such as mood elevators, antidepressants and pain killers)
- One’s own thoughts/thinking
- Chemical substances
- Some type of mystical setting/person (such as a fortune teller or witch or wizard or similar religious event)
- An environment in which the sensory inputs are controlled (such as sensory deprivation or a dance club or a modern praise and worship event at a church).
- Chanting or other repetitive practices (such as chanting “Hari Krishna” or saying the rosary.
- Emptying one’s self of all “distractions.”
- Employing illegitimate supernatural power
4) IF reality can be altered, is it a voluntary decision?
“Yes” was the most popular INITIAL answer.
After some discussion, the great majority of the responses were then some variation of “Sometimes.”
A great many people referred to recreational drug use when initially answering “Yes.” But then the question was posed, “What if a drug was administered without the person’s knowledge which altered their perception/reality. Would that be voluntary?”
It was generally agreed that sometimes a person enters into a alternate/false reality of his own volition. Other times, he may be in a false reality due to SOMEONE ELSE’S decision.
5) WHY would someone else want to alter a person’s reality?
The overwhelming answers were
- Control of that person
- The deceiving of that person
- To provide a person a different experience than what they are used to
“For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.”
[NOTE: Many end times deceptions involve the manipulation of reality to create a false environment or false events.]
6) Would a person in an altered/false reality KNOW they were in such a deception?
Again, almost all of the INITIAL answers were “Yes.”
However, after various discussions, “No” was the most popular answer.
7) What does the world think of someone whose reality is different than those around them?
Some said “a genius” and gave examples.
Some said “crazy” and gave examples.
(There were other answers as well. These were the top ones.)
It was generally agreed that the world uses what a person claims as their reality as a method of evaluating/judging them.
8) HOW do people check their reality? HOW do they make sure it is real?
A great many answers were given, but most could be summed up with one word: “routine.” Many people use regular/daily routines to assure themselves of their reality.
When there is a natural disaster or some other type of cataclysm, the people in the area affected turn on their radios, their TVs, their computers, their cellphones. Sure, they do this in an effort to obtain the latest information, but they also do it to reassure themselves that life will soon be “normal.”
That is, that they will soon return to what they know as “reality.”
In a similar fashion, many get up in the morning and make coffee, turn on their TVs and check their computers. Yes, they are plugging into the day’s information/weather/traffic conditions BUT they are doing so much more than this. In this manner, they reassure themselves that the world is “as it should be;” i.e., that their reality has not significantly changed from when they went to bed the night before.
One other way many check their reality: they compile a running list in their minds about what they are experiencing with their senses: what they see, hear, taste, feel or smell.
HOWEVER, there can be a constant “checking reality” and IF what one is checking is false, then one will not know his reality is false.
Deception is a spiritual condition which cannot be remedied by information, logic, intelligence or communication. IF one is spiritually deceived, the only remedy is spiritual.
The world in which we live in is fallen and deceived.
“And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.”
“And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world”
9) Can someone manipulate someone else’s reality without their knowing?
As a rule, the only answer to this question was “Yes.”
However, there was also some hedging and qualifiers included with some of the answers (such as the aforementioned drugging of someone OR if someone is under someone else’s control, such as hypnotized OR a heavily-indoctrinated population under the influence of a heavily-propagandized flow of information [such as when a country is losing a war, but the people in that country believe they are winning because that is what their media is telling them and because they have no other information.]).
So perhaps the most cited response was “Yes, but…”
Actually, the creation of false realities occurs every single day.
In fact, such creations are necessary for the world which most believe we live in to exist.
“It’s in our biology to trust what we see with our eyes. This makes living in a carefully edited, overproduced and photoshopped world very dangerous.”
― Brené Brown, FALSE REALITY AND ILLUSION QUOTES: 20 Quotes about Manufactured Reality
10) HOW can someone manipulate the reality of others without their knowing?
Since reality for so many is what they experience via their senses, it is reasonable to conclude that someone can create a false reality for others by manipulating these sensory inputs.
This is accomplished for fun and profit at both dance clubs (all the time) and churches (sometimes). The entire sensory environment is manipulated to produce either feelings of euphoria and/or spirituality, as well as other sensations.
In both of these locations, the sounds (music, singing, the cadence of a speaker’s voice) is controlled, both by volume, repetitions and by the amount of bass used. By controlling these sounds, vibrations can be felt throughout the floor of the location, which is another sensory input. Lighting is darkened or manipulated; aromas can be introduced (incense, for example); other inputs can be controlled, (some using illegitimate supernatural power).
In everyday life, one only has to make a list of the sensory inputs one uses on a day-to-day basis–various media, entertainment, chemicals, drugs, practices–and make another list of how many can be controlled by something/someone other than the person making the list.
[NOTE: It should be pointed out that those who manipulate reality in some form often believe they can recognize when their own reality is altered. This is not true. This belief is one reason for stating that these deceivers are themselves deceived–as the Bible foretold several thousand years ago.]
“But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.“
IF the inputs to one’s “reality” are corrupt, then one’s reality will be false.
And in the times in which we live, that is the new normal.
HOW much does the reader depend on those things NOT under his control to determine his reality?
DOES the reader believe he knows what is real and what is not?
DOES the reader believe he knows what is true and what is not?
DOES the reader use God’s Word as his standard for judging such things?
There is still time to repent, place your faith for the future entirely on Jesus Christ and enter the kingdom of heaven.
DOES the reader believe he is saved?
DOES the reader believe he is NOT saved?
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The Power of God Unto Salvation
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The End Times Power of God Unleashed
“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. ”
–1 Corinthians 15:1-8
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”
- FALSE REALITY AND ILLUSION QUOTES: 20 Quotes about Manufactured Reality
- The Everyday Manipulation of Reality
- Artificial Reality is an End Times Deception
- The Normalizing of Illegitimate Supernatural Power in the End Times
- Demons, the Demonic: Cover Stories for Demons and Demonic Power
- Condemned to Living in a False Reality: Modern Man Lacks a Love of the Truth
- Product Placement, False Reality, Sin and Slavery
- False Reality is the Beginning of End Times Deception
- END TIMES DECEPTION: The Staged False Reality of TV, Smartphones
- Altered Spiritual Perception: The Altered Spiritual Reality in American Churches
- The World is Not as it Appears
- The End Times Lie of Staged Newscasts
- End Times Deception: Donald Trump, the Media and False Reality
- The Alternate Reality: TV and Corporate Media add to End Times Confusion
- Altered Perception is Deception by Another Name
- The Smothering, Ubiquitous Deception of the End Times
- ETPR ARCHIVES: False Reality – 23 articles on the subject.
- The Nature of Spiritual Deception
MORE ON THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The Power of God Unto Salvation
- Other Gospels: A form of Godliness, No Power
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: Power of Eternal Life
- Discipleship Deception: The Apostate Church
- Gospel is Offensive: Gospel Offends and Saves
- The Glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Eternal Salvation Through Jesus Christ: Salvation Messages from End Times Prophecy Report
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- Deceitful Workers are Victims of Deception Themselves
- END TIMES PREPARATION: 15 Ways to Prepare for the End Times
- End Times Survival, End Times Preparation
- 35 Most Important ETPR Articles
by Jeremiah Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
image:ETPR/Stuart Miles, FreeDigitalPhotos.net/ETPR
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-15. © Mondo Frazier and End Times Prophecy Report, DBKP 2007-2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Link Disclaimer: inclusion of links to other blogs/websites is not necessarily an endorsement of all content posted in those blogs/websites.