History is a collection of stories.
Often, those stories change.
A good historian tells his stories in such a way that the reader is quite enchanted by them.
A great historian tells his stories in such a way that the reader is unaware he is being told a story.
Here then are 20 quotes about those stories told which men grandly call “history.” Many of these quotes are by those who either wrote history or who made history–or both.
“History is merely gossip.”
“Historians are gossips who tease the dead.”
–Voltaire, Scribbling Books
“Historian: A broad-gauge gossip.”
“History: gossip well told.”
–Elbert Hubbard, The Roycroft Dictionary
“History is a set of lies agreed upon.”
“History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren’t there.”
“History: An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools.”
“History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.”
“History is more or less bunk.”
“History supplies little beyond a list of those who have accommodated themselves with the property of others.”
“Perhaps nobody has changed the course of history as much as the historians.”
–Franklin P. Jones
“History is written by the victors.”
“History is the propaganda of the victors.”
— Louis de Bernières
“Chief among the spoils of victory is the privilege of writing the history.”
“Most history is guessing, and the rest is prejudice.”
–Will & Ariel Durant, Our Oriental Heritage
“The past is really almost as much a work of the imagination as the future.”
“History isn’t what happened, but a story of what happened.”
—History is a Weapon
“He who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.”
–George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four
“And if all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed—if all records told the same tale—then the lie passed into history and became truth. ‘Who controls the past’ ran the Party slogan, ‘controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.”
–George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four
“More history is made by secret handshakes than by battles, bills, and proclamations.”
DOES the reader believe all of the stories told by government and politicians?
DOES the reader believe all of the stories told by the entertainment industry?
DOES the reader believe all of the stories told by scientists?
DOES the reader believe all of the stories told by historians?
It is not yet too late: there is still time to change direction (repent), place your faith for the future entirely on Jesus Christ and enter the kingdom of heaven.
DOES the reader believe he is saved?
DOES the reader believe he is NOT saved?
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: Making a Choice
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The Power of God Unto Salvation
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The End Times Power of God Unleashed
“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. ”
–1 Corinthians 15:1-8
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”
MORE ON THE STORIES TOLD BY MEN
- CLIMATE CHANGE: The End of the World According to Satan
- Nuclear Holocaust: The End of the World According to Satan
- Killer Asteroids, Near Earth Objects and Other Scary Stories of Men
- Quantum Stories
- Science: A Collection of Stories
- Bedtimes Stories from Outer Space
- The World’s Tall Tales of End Times Doom
- END TIMES DECEPTION: Tell Me a Story
- TELL ME A STORY Part Two
- Tell Me a Story part three
- TELL ME A STORY Part Four: Why Are All of the Stories Being Told?
- The Ever-Changing Stories of Science
- Science Constantly Changes, The Truth Never Changes
- Satan’s Stories Told by the Churches
- Demons, the Demonic: Cover Stories for Demons and Demonic Power
- The Nature of Spiritual Deception
- Satan Has Counterfeited the Christian Church
- The Normalizing of Illegitimate Supernatural Power in the End Times
- The Powerless Churches: Church Folk and Their Lack of God’s Power
- Spiritual Deception and the Holy Spirit
- PRAYER: A Few Thoughts on Prayer and Praying
[Portions of this piece appeared originally in End Times Prophecy Headlines: January 17, 2018.]
- Eternal Salvation Through Jesus Christ: Salvation Messages from End Times Prophecy Report
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- Deceitful Workers are Victims of Deception Themselves
- END TIMES PREPARATION: 15 Ways to Prepare for the End Times
- End Times Survival, End Times Preparation
- 35 Most Important ETPR Articles
by Jeremiah Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
image: ETPR file/pd
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-17. © Mondo Frazier and End Times Prophecy Report, DBKP 2007-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
RE: our link disclaimer: there are links, from time-to-time which appear on this site which we neither approve nor endorse. The frequency of these types of links will no doubt grow worse. All effort is made to remove such links when we become aware of them.]