And no stories are quite so fanciful as the ones modern man is told about the nature of disease.
Since most of these modern stories are told by (witch) doctors in white lab coats, modern man believes these stories (because he KNOWS doctors are all kind, brilliant men who would NEVER lie to him, like Marcus Welby, MD and House, MD.)
The latest stories about disease include dozens of invisible beings: bacteria, germs, viruses, microbes and the like. But if one went to a doctor 150 years ago and told him about your disease and germs and bacteria and such, the doctor would have thought the real problem was your sanity.
Since the Germ Theory of Disease story had not yet begun to be told.
What story DID doctors tell their patients about disease before Germ Theory became the accepted tale?
That disease was caused by bad air (miasma). Doctors told that story for centuries–and people believed it, just as modern man believes the story of Germ Theory.
Another popular story about disease told by the medical establishment was the one about the four humours (humorism). Modern reference works want the reader to believe that humorism was something only practiced by the ancients.
But it wasn’t.
IF the reader has heard of “bloodletting” then the reader is aware of one of the treatments prescribed for disease for thousands of years by physicians.
Bloodletting was still fairly common in the 1800s–until the introduction of Germ Theory in the late 1800s.
So what is the real information about disease?
God’s Word is full of accounts of disease (pestilence), both dread disease and lesser diseases.
Though the Bible is otherwise silent, Psalm 91 contains one clue as to the source of disease.
“Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.”
“…the pestilence that walketh in darkness.”
The ULTIMATE source of disease is God Himself–as is made clear numerous times in God’s Word.
One example is 2CHRONICLES 7:13-14
“If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people; If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”
Like most other modern stories which are promoted, those concerning disease usually
- focus on disease as being a PHYSICAL problem with a PHYSICAL answer;
- involve endless rounds of expensive tests, which do not TREAT the disease: they merely give the doctor something to talk to the patient about;
- totally ignore the connection between God and disease;
- devote at least part of their story to WHY the various cures and remedies prescribed by man do not work.
Something for the reader to think about the next time he is given one of the modern stories about disease.
WHEN the reader thinks of disease and other issues about his health, does he EVER consider that disease may be more than just a physical, cause-and-effect relationship?
It is not YET too late: there is still time to change direction (repent), place your faith (hope) for the future entirely on Jesus Christ and enter the kingdom of heaven.
DOES the reader believe he is saved?
DOES the reader believe he is NOT saved?
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: Making a Choice
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The Power of God Unto Salvation
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The End Times Power of God Unleashed
THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST
“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. ”
–1 Corinthians 15:1-8
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”
[Portions of this piece appeared originally in End Times Prophecy Headlines: February 3, 2020.]
- Not Everything is a Physical Cause-and-Effect Relationship: Great End Times Deceptions
- Demons, Exorcism and the Demonic: Invisible Beings
- Ancient Israel, Modern America: Sickness, Disease and the Multitudes
- The Media’s Promotion of Disease
- Man Struggles Against God
- God is in Control
- The Nature of Spiritual Deception
- Tender Mercies of the Lord: Will Not Always Be Available
- Eternal Salvation Through Jesus Christ: Salvation Messages from End Times Prophecy Report
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- END TIMES PREPARATION: 15 Ways to Prepare for the End Times
- Deceitful Workers are Victims of Deception Themselves
- End Times Survival, End Times Preparation
- 35 Most Important ETPR Articles
- DISOBEDIENCE and REBELLION: The Wisdom of Man OR the Word of God?
- Apostate Church: Breaking Every Chain
- Persecution, Tribulation, Troubles, Trials: What the Bible says to Christians
by Jeremiah Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
image: Wikimedia Commons/pd
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-20. © Mondo Frazier and End Times Prophecy Report, DBKP 2007-2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Link Disclaimer: inclusion of links to other blogs/websites is not necessarily an endorsement of all content posted in those blogs/websites.
[NOTE: The following articles are from a service. We neither endorse nor at times have much control over them–although we do, of course, enjoy articles originating from this website on this service. Some articles illustrate points made in ETPR articles; some are merely for the reader’s edification or education.
ALL such links appearing in End Times Prophecy Headlines, such as those below, should originate at ETPR.
RE: our link disclaimer: there are links, from time-to-time which appear on this site which we neither approve nor endorse. The frequency of these types of links will no doubt grow worse. All effort is made to remove such links when we become aware of them.]