Will modern love survive the slings and arrows of 2020’s outrageous fortune known as the “coronavirus“?
All of the words associated with combating the coronavirus seem to be antithetical to modern love: “social distancing,” “self-isolation,” “quarantine” and the most popular by far at the moment, “lockdown.”
BUT, all that assumes that MODERN love is the same thing as TRADITIONAL love.
The great majority of the time, it is NOT.
Traditional love celebrates the finding of another to share a single life together.
“And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.”
More than anything else, modern love is a sort of mutual celebration of one’s self: of the abstract idea of “love”– which you believe you have found–and about how fortunate you are having found it. Actual love is not so much esteemed by moderns.
Speculation is that much of what is promoted as “love” among the rich and celebrated will not be affected in the least.
What difference does it make if one is six or eight or two hundred feet from one’s public spouse in a sham marriage?
Regardless of how many more regulations, orders, proclamations, states of emergency, laws, public health decrees, findings OR government announcements the coronavirus escapade may prompt, it is suspected that love–modern or otherwise–will triumph over all.
One has to believe that–in the end–modern love will stare down the coronavirus.
The end result of much modern love is a modern marriage. The Bible (God’s Word) informs that when Jesus Christ returns, one of the everday events taking place will be marriage.
“For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.”
Of course, the Bible does not reveal whether these marriages will be of the traditional or modern type.
DOES the reader believe modern love–in all of its iterations–will conquer coronavirus?
DOES the reader believe modern love MAY have to compromise with coronavirus–ESPECIALLY if the coronavirus comes back for a regular visit every year as is now being announced?
It is not YET too late: there is still time to change direction (repent), place your faith (hope) for the future entirely on Jesus Christ and enter the kingdom of heaven.
DOES the reader believe he is saved?
DOES the reader believe he is NOT saved?
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: Making a Choice
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The Power of God Unto Salvation
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The End Times Power of God Unleashed
THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST
“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. ”
–1 Corinthians 15:1-8
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”
[Portions of this piece appeared originally in End Times Prophecy Headlines: March 25, 2020.]
- Modern Romance: Love Which Isn’t
- Modern Love’s Many Imposters
- Crushing the Life You THOUGHT You Had
- The Media’s Fascination with P.D.A.s
- Modern American Wedding
- End Times Marriage: 7 Thoughts about Marriage in the End Times
- Devils, Demons, Evil or Familiar Spirits: Ten Observations
- Demons, Devils, Familiar Spirits: The Demonic is a Perfect Judgment from God
- Alter Ego and Possession
- Ten Clues One is Afflicted With Evil Spirits
- The Normalizing of Illegitimate Supernatural Power in the End Times
- Rich, Celebrated and Possessed: The Deception of Possession
- Comedians: Insanity, Torment and the Demonic
- Hearing Voices
- Forming Thoughts and Taking Them Captive
- Not Everything is a Physical Cause-and-Effect Relationship: Great End Times Deceptions
- Man Struggles Against God
- God is in Control
- The Nature of Spiritual Deception
- Tender Mercies of the Lord: Will Not Always Be Available
- Eternal Salvation Through Jesus Christ: Salvation Messages from End Times Prophecy Report
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- END TIMES PREPARATION: 15 Ways to Prepare for the End Times
- Deceitful Workers are Victims of Deception Themselves
- End Times Survival, End Times Preparation
- 35 Most Important ETPR Articles
- DISOBEDIENCE and REBELLION: The Wisdom of Man OR the Word of God?
- Apostate Church: Breaking Every Chain
- Persecution, Tribulation, Troubles, Trials: What the Bible says to Christians
by Jeremiah Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-20. © Mondo Frazier and End Times Prophecy Report, DBKP 2007-2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Link Disclaimer: inclusion of links to other blogs/websites is not necessarily an endorsement of all content posted in those blogs/websites.
[NOTE: The following articles are from a service. We neither endorse nor at times have much control over them–although we do, of course, enjoy articles originating from this website on this service. Some articles illustrate points made in ETPR articles; some are merely for the reader’s edification or education.
ALL such links appearing in End Times Prophecy Headlines, such as those below, should originate at ETPR.
RE: our link disclaimer: there are links, from time-to-time which appear on this site which we neither approve nor endorse. The frequency of these types of links will no doubt grow worse. All effort is made to remove such links when we become aware of them.]