HOW OFTEN SHOULD ONE PRAY?
Some pray at night.
Some pray in the morning.
Some pray before meals.
NONE of these are a bad thing–as far as it goes.
But is it sufficient?
The Bible is not silent about HOW OFTEN to pray.
“And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;”
“Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.”
“Pray without ceasing.”
“Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;”
“Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;”
“Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;”
“Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.”
“Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him.”
From the above references, it can seen that the VERY BEST PRAYER is the one which is CONSTANT and NEVER-ENDING.
It may be interrupted from time-to-time by the day’s activities and events, but it is one, long continuous prayer and unceasing paean to God Almighty.
It is a HABIT which is formed by daily observing what the Bible instructs believers to do. Many times, it offers relief in a world in which such relief is sorely lacking.
It is a continuing communication/lifeline with the only One who keeps us in this hard, wicked world.
THIS is how often the Bible instructs believers to pray.
- PRAY ALWAYS: End Times Preparation
- Watch and Pray Always: End Times Preparation
- EFFECTIVE PRAYER: Importune God
- WATCH AND PRAY: Two Great End Times Duties
Especially in the end times, there will be many reasons to pray always.
MORE ON PRAYER
- 10 Prayers for the Believer’s Prayer List
- UNANSWERED PRAYERS: The Ultimate Answer to Unanswered Prayers
- PRAYER: Talk to the Father
- SPIRITUAL WARFARE: The Explosive Power of the Believer’s Prayers
- Answered Prayers: Pray According to the Will of the Father
- End Times Antichrist Prayer Cults of the Dragon
- PRAYER CIRCLES: Another Pagan Practice in the Churches
- Contemplative Prayer and Mystical Christianity: Tools of Satan
- Finding Favor with the Lord
Is the reader praying always?
Time is Running Out: Today is the Day of Salvation
“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. ”
–1 Corinthians 15:1-8
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”
“But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:”
—2 Corinthians 4:3
[Portions of this piece appeared originally in End Times Prophecy Headlines: August 8 2016 .]
- Eternal Salvation Through Jesus Christ: Salvation Messages from End Times Prophecy Report
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- Deceitful Workers are Victims of Deception Themselves
- END TIMES PREPARATION: 15 Ways to Prepare for the End Times
- End Times Survival, End Times Preparation
- 35 Most Important ETPR Articles
by Jeremiah Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-16. © Mondo Frazier and End Times Prophecy Report, DBKP 2007-2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Link Disclaimer: inclusion of links to other blogs/websites is not necessarily an endorsement of all content posted in those blogs/websites.