“And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.”
The headlines insist that the US economy is booming!
- Unemployment drops to 4.6%, lowest since 2007
- U.S. economy added 178,000 jobs in November; unemployment rate dropped to 4.6 percent
- Boom! Trump rally carries stocks to new records
Truly, the miracle that is the US economy is humming along–at least according to the Soviet-style happy numbers provided by the government/media.
But the towns and cities across the country tell another tale: a story of hollowed out urban areas, devoid of paying businesses other than pawn shops, EZ payday loans and liquor stores; full of government offices and fake storefronts.
But it’s not only the urban areas: some have noticed the suburbs and rural areas are also looking shabbier these days.
There are very few jobs and many of the jobs which are functional today will be gone tomorrow. Yet, government statistics insist that Americans are doing fine.
Just like the old Soviet Union, every day in The Land of the Free™ is a walk in sunshine, flowers, candy canes and unicorns.
And like the Soviets before them, many Americans have learned to ignore the false facts and figures in their media. These citizens rely on their own economic indicators with which to gauge the economy.
What are some of these micro economic indicators?
There are an almost limitless number, but here are a few.
- Less houses decorated with outdoor lighting for Christmas.
- How big a bag of groceries one can buy with a $20 bill. (Not very big.)
- Fewer businesses offering extended hours and/or services.
- Less choice at the grocery store: less low-cost alternatives to expensive “name brand” items.
- The disappearing “cushion” between income and necessary spending.
- Fewer unskilled jobs.
- Fewer manufacturing jobs.
- Less availability of affordable housing.
The list is made up of what economists call “anecdotal evidence.”
Anecdotal evidence is usually dismissed by the various experts, studies, surveys, scientists and others of the government chattering class.
Anecdotal evidence is not given as much weight by scientists and government/media types as by ordinary citizens.
The stated reason is “because its nature prevents it from being investigated by the scientific method.”
The skeptic might counter “Because anecdotal evidence is much harder to create and manipulate by the government/media.”
DOES the reader believe the economy he sees is much different than the economy about which he reads?
IS the economy the reader experiences very different from the “economic indicators” on which the government/media relies?
IS the reader uneasy about his financial future despite the rosy picture painted by the government/media?
WOULD the reader like to know the truth?
THERE is still time to change direction (repent) and place one’s trust in Almighty God and His Son, Jesus Christ.
Time is Running Out: Today is the Day of Salvation
End Time Rising: Running out of Time
Make Your Calling and Election Sure: End Times Survival
“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. ”
–1 Corinthians 15:1-8
“But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:”
—2 Corinthians 4:3
[Portions of this piece originally appeared in End Times Prophecy Headlines: December 5, 2016.]
- Economic Collapse, Chaos and Nothing New Under the Sun
- The Goal: Deception
- STATISTICS From the World’s Most Christian Nation–EVER™
- The Nature of Spiritual Deception
- Economic Collapse Coming to the United States?
- There’s Nothing New Under the Sun: The End Times is History Repeating
- Pre-Flood Civilization and the End Times: Nothing New Under the Sun
- Eternal Salvation Through Jesus Christ: Salvation Messages from End Times Prophecy Report
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- Deceitful Workers are Victims of Deception Themselves
- End Times Survival, End Times Preparation
- 35 Most Important ETPR Articles
by Jeremiah Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
image: cooldesign, FreeDigitalPhotos.net
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-16. © Mondo Frazier and End Times Prophecy Report, DBKP 2007-2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Link Disclaimer: inclusion of links to other blogs/websites is not necessarily an endorsement of all content posted in those blogs/websites.