What happens right before, right after and on the day of the Lord: the day of the return of Jesus Christ?
For much of what takes place on the day Jesus Christ returns to earth, see Part One: Climax of Human History: Day of the LORD or Return of Jesus Christ
NOW, what takes place immediately following the blood-stained victory of Jesus Christ over the kings of the earth and the earth’s armies?
“And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs [two hundred miles]. “
The setting up of the kingdom of Jesus Christ, the judging of men still alive on the earth and the imprisonment of Satan for 1000 years are among the highlights.
Particularly the chaining of the dragon, Satan.
“And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
The entire 1000-year reign of Jesus Christ upon the earth is detailed in Revelation 20.
This is what follows the return of Jesus Christ, who will return to earth just as he left it: on the Mount of Olives.
“Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.”
“And when he (Jesus) had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day’s journey.“
Again, the reader may consult Revelation, chapter 20 for more information.
There are other bits and pieces of information concerning that specific time. They are to be found in the Books of Zechariah, Joel, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Daniel and Ezekiel, as well as Matthew, Mark and Luke, as well as various books of both the Old and New Testament.
The reader may rest assured: the climax of human history will not be anything like the many stories of man which claim to know the future.
FOR a look at what happens AFTER the earthly 1000-year reign of Jesus Christ upon this present earth, see Revelation 21-22.
IS the reader looking forward to the return of Jesus Christ?
DOES the reader not believe that Jesus Christ will return to the earth?
DOES the reader hope that Jesus Christ does not return to the earth?
It is not YET too late: there is still time to change direction (repent), place your faith for the future entirely on Jesus Christ and enter the kingdom of heaven.
DOES the reader believe he is saved?
DOES the reader believe he is NOT saved?
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: Making a Choice
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The Power of God Unto Salvation
- Gospel of Jesus Christ: The End Times Power of God Unleashed
“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. ”
–1 Corinthians 15:1-8
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”
- American Paradox: Four Thoughts on the End Times
- Super Powers, Nephilim, Days of Noah and the Return of Jesus Christ
- SuperPowers: In the End Times, In Today’s Corporate Media
- SUPERPOWERS: Superpowers in the End Times
- Super Powers: Deception by Another Name
- The Normalizing of Illegitimate Supernatural Power in the End Times
- Even so Come Lord Jesus: Looking to the Return of Jesus Christ
- DAY OF THE LORD: Two Very Different Views
- The Return of Jesus Christ
- Terror, Chaos, Panic, Fear: What’s Ahead for Unbelievers in the End Times
- DAY OF THE LORD: A Day of Vengeance and Destruction
- DAY OF THE LORD: Opens with Second Coming of Jesus
- Return of Jesus Christ: What are You Looking For?
- 10 End Times Deceptions – Part One
- 10 End Times Deceptions – Part Two
- The Day of the Lord: Reaping the Souls of the Wicked at Armageddon in the Valley of Decision
- MOCKERS AND SCOFFERS: Signs of the Times
[Portions of this piece appeared originally in End Times Prophecy Headlines: February 2-4, 2018.]
- Constructing One’s Own Reality Begins with Self-Deception
- The Nature of Spiritual Deception
- Satan Has Counterfeited the Christian Church
- The Normalizing of Illegitimate Supernatural Power in the End Times
- The Powerless Churches: Church Folk and Their Lack of God’s Power
- Spiritual Deception and the Holy Spirit
- PRAYER: A Few Thoughts on Prayer and Praying
- Eternal Salvation Through Jesus Christ: Salvation Messages from End Times Prophecy Report
- Do You Know if You are Going to Heaven? Be Sure!
- Deceitful Workers are Victims of Deception Themselves
- END TIMES PREPARATION: 15 Ways to Prepare for the End Times
- End Times Survival, End Times Preparation
- 35 Most Important ETPR Articles
by Jeremiah Jameson
–with Mondo Frazier
image: ETPR/Salvatore Vuono, FreeDigitalPhotos.net/ETPR
© Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report, 2012-18. © Mondo Frazier and End Times Prophecy Report, DBKP 2007-2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeremiah J. Jameson and End Times Prophecy Report with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
RE: our link disclaimer: there are links, from time-to-time which appear on this site which we neither approve nor endorse. The frequency of these types of links will no doubt grow worse. All effort is made to remove such links when we become aware of them.]